OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love my spectrapure one with their nice expensive filters. I change pre filters every 6 months, got 6 years out of my last membrane and 2 years out of their max DI.

I question whether these cheaper units that don't seem to have standard filters really save money over time. I kind of doubt it.

FYI for sink hookups... I went to ace hardware with the part that screws off the sink (the little mesh end) and they were able to get something to work. It took a few different parts screwed together.

I ended up eventually putting a removable T to the cold water line though.
That’s part of the issue none of my sinks have nozzle attachments that screw off they are one single attachment and the one has the hose attached to it so no adapters are made for them.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s part of the issue none of my sinks have nozzle attachments that screw off they are one single attachment and the one has the hose attached to it so no adapters are made for them.

Have you checked under to see if you can use a T to attach to the cold water line? That's even more convenient then the sink attachment.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you checked under to see if you can use a T to attach to the cold water line? That's even more convenient then the sink attachment.
I did not think of that but regardless I’m returning it. I’ll do that with the new one besides that one definitely is cheaply made at least compared to others.

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours works great and for the price cant beat it. With that said it did drip but only because some of the fittings needed a quarter turn.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not think of that but regardless I’m returning it. I’ll do that with the new one besides that one definitely is cheaply made at least compared to others.

it doesn’t use standard size filters so unless you need portability or space saving… I don’t see any reason to keep it. Hopefully you can figure something out :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back