I HATE FedEx

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one for you..I won a gold torch during a live sale a couple of weeks ago. Won it in a raffle. I ended up ordering another torch. Of course the shipment was late. Box wasn't in great shape and the gold torch had a large chunk knocked out of the skeleton (happened in transit). Needless to say, both torches died a day later. Not the vendors fault. I was supposed to get a shipment in today. The app says it is still in Memphis as of 1AM. Ove got another shipment coming tomorrow. Luckily, that one is coming thru UPS. I'm sure it will be here on time.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truth is 99% of the time things work out just fine, but when they mess up. They mess up big time and the customer service can be summed up as being a big carefree middle finger to you.
The reality is to FedEx it is just another overnight package for them, nothing more. Perhaps 90% get there on time, the other 10% do not. Personally I have not had a problem with their overnight shipments yet, and am amazed when I see the tracking they are able to hit multiple airports and still get it to me next day, AM no less.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reality is to FedEx it is just another overnight package for them, nothing more. Perhaps 90% get there on time, the other 10% do not. Personally I have not had a problem with their overnight shipments yet, and am amazed when I see the tracking they are able to hit multiple airports and still get it to me next day, AM no less.

New slogan: "9 out of 10 isn't bad, unless you're in that 10%"

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish it was only 10% for me. They are late more often than on time when I order and I don't live in a rural area.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought live rock, which was shipped for Saturday delivery by the shipper, which of course costs more. Naturally FedEx missed the Saturday delivery. Later that day they updated it to "on vehicle for delivery." On Monday morning they still showed the package on vehicle for delivery. That's right, it sat outside, in Chicago weather, all weekend. By mid-day Monday it showed "exception" which is code for "we've ****ed up, again."

I called them and to my absolute amazement, I received the following explanation. The box said "perishable" so it was destroyed because we missed the delivery. I asked, how do you know the content has "perished." We don't, but we missed the delivery so the package was destroyed and the shipper notified. Why didn't you call me to see if I'd still want it delivered? Because the package was destroyed... Why didn't you call me before it was destroyed? Because we missed the delivery...

I was speechless... When they screw up, they go all the way and the attitude is that they simply don't give a sliver of dang. None. Could not care less.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought live rock, which was shipped for Saturday delivery by the shipper, which of course costs more. Naturally FedEx missed the Saturday delivery. Later that day they updated it to "on vehicle for delivery." On Monday morning they still showed the package on vehicle for delivery. That's right, it sat outside, in Chicago weather, all weekend. By mid-day Monday it showed "exception" which is code for "we've ****ed up, again."

I called them and to my absolute amazement, I received the following explanation. The box said "perishable" so it was destroyed because we missed the delivery. I asked, how do you know the content has "perished." We don't, but we missed the delivery so the package was destroyed and the shipper notified. Why didn't you call me to see if I'd still want it delivered? Because the package was destroyed... Why didn't you call me before it was destroyed? Because we missed the delivery...

I was speechless... When they screw up, they go all the way and the attitude is that they simply don't give a sliver of dang. None. Could not care less.
That's a low move...just to destroy a package without consulting you.

When I had a shipment refused by the receiver several years ago, Fed Ex actually called me to ask what they wanted done...it was a box of fish eggs that may have still been good, but useless if they shipped them back to me. At least I got to tell them to trash them.

I had a similar delay this year during the Memphis storm shutdown, box of trout eggs going to the same hatchery in VA, shipped Wednesday and they got them on Monday....well Tuesday. Monday they attempted delivery, couldn't find any staff, there were two working....I clearly had stated to leave the box, no signature required. The box went back on the truck and was delivered on Tuesday.

I heard about half the eggs made it.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the freeze I’ve been getting consistently late packages from FedEx... last summer (2020) my boxes were always with me by noon. Now I’ve had around 10 boxes come in around 5:30 or even delayed overnight which has resulted in DOAs. I’m ticked >:(

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one for you..I won a gold torch during a live sale a couple of weeks ago. Won it in a raffle. I ended up ordering another torch. Of course the shipment was late. Box wasn't in great shape and the gold torch had a large chunk knocked out of the skeleton (happened in transit). Needless to say, both torches died a day later. Not the vendors fault. I was supposed to get a shipment in today. The app says it is still in Memphis as of 1AM. Ove got another shipment coming tomorrow. Luckily, that one is coming thru UPS. I'm sure it will be here on time.

Just so you know, 1am in chattanooga is 12 am in memphis. None of the overnight flights leave memphis before 1 am central time. The chattanooga flight leaves around 3:30 am.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Small vendors or individuals usually go with FedEx because of the cost.
Unless you ship frequently and have an account with UPS you can't get a competitive overnight rate from them.
Learned this from purchasing on Ebay from various vendors.
They would love to be able to ship via UPS but can't afford it.
This is funny. UPS gives me 20 to 30 percent off and I don't ship everyday.
I did open an account and login with them.
See the pic. I always get the promo code when sending. Fedex has all sub contract employees. A lot of disgruntled ones.
UPS pays decent to drivers. So good that there is a wait list. You habe to work docks and then your hired as drivers.
There is no straight driver hire in UPS. Screenshot_20221018-051243_Chrome.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back