I have a question for you JBJ NC28 owners.

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what the skimmer compartment size is? I made a deal to get one of these setups and am planning things out. I was looking at the SRO hang ons but they are almost a foot wide and I doubt will fit. I want something with a good pump like the bubble blaster or even the Tunze if it will work. What are you guys using?

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the warner marine H1... i don't think he's making them anymore but you can still find one. It fits perfectly behind my 28 and i still have the filter trey and JBJ artica chiller lines

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any startup issues with the sedra 2500? I'm not a big fan of the Sedra's. I had a euroreef years ago that I would have to blow into the airline to start the sedra pump. It does look like a nice skimmer though.
Ultimately I plan on getting a nice LED light over it so I dont need room for chiller lines. :)

fiddly_foo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a skimmer for my 28 jbj with my open top I think I'm gonna go for the aqua-maxx hob-1 there nice looking with the blue acyrlic and are supoose to be real good and for 195$ good price and It should fit in the rightside of the tank the intake will go down next to the return house all the way on the right side and the return on the skimmer looks like you can fit it to go really anwere on that side...

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquamaxx looks like the H1 which is no longer available and is a bit pricey but I might get it. The 9002 fills up the media chamber which I don't care for. How about the eshoppes HOB 75 or the aquatic life internal mini skimmer?

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on Mike, You know you just want to drill it run a sump and get an ATB for it! LOL :)

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly my tank ran fine with the stock skimmer that came with it. A HOB fuge would definitely be a good idea... hmm I might do away with my skimmer and do the same :)

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly my tank ran fine with the stock skimmer that came with it. A HOB fuge would definitely be a good idea... hmm I might do away with my skimmer and do the same :)

I'm thinking a fuge would be more beneficial for my plans. Why not use one of the second chambers instead of something HOB? Some sand and some chaeto will fit in there nicely.

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my filter box is black it's not one of the newer clear boxes. and i think i'd want a little more chaeto than what would fit in there

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticking with the 105w CF it came with. This tank has gorgonians, my bubble coral, a torch coral, and some zoo's. Nothing that demands good lighting. :)

OP
OP
Blackhawk Fan

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the idea Thomas but i'm going to use the top media basket and a magnetic LED for my refugium. :)

BTW, long time no see. Hope all is well with your dad. I know he was ill last time we spoke.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 104 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back