I Have An Extra Radion XR15- Need Frag Tank Choices Please

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start a frag tank for zoas and have an extra Radion XR15 to use. I would like a 24" long tank AIO and I have looked at Advanced Acrylics but I am worried about the little 6" deep version, fearing that the Radion may be way overkill for zoas at that depth. Any other decent options out there?

AA24.jpg

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start a frag tank for zoas and have an extra Radion XR15 to use. I would like a 24" long tank AIO and I have looked at Advanced Acrylics but I am worried about the little 6" deep version, fearing that the Radion may be way overkill for zoas at that depth. Any other decent options out there?

AA24.jpg
I love the look of that system!

If you are worried about the light being too strong you always can dial the intensity WAY back and use it anyways! Less wear and tear on the equipment and having the ability to mess with the par will be nice to find a sweet spot! Also height of the light from the water level will help factor in!

Best of luck!

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag tank from advanced acrylics I have been really happy with it. I don't have the AIO as it is plumbed into my display system but the quality has been great, just wished I had gotten a bigger one, seems like they fill up so quickly. As ReeferBlain pointed out, mount it a little higher and turn it down and you should be able to dial it in to where you want it. Also will have the option to grow other corals if you were to decide to go down that road.

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I ended up ordering a 24x24x8 AIO and I am very excited about it. They also worked with me to provide frag racks to fit those dimensions as well.

I am glad you think the xr15 can be dialed back enough to prevent cataclysm haha.

Back