Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the finalized rock scape...
easy to change back to a "regular reef tank". Just have to add water and cut one of the zip ties lol.

What's everyone's thoughts...
Let me know if you like it or not!!
I think I'm going to live with it for a day or two until I decided 100%
IMG_4918.JPG

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the finalized rock scape...
easy to change back to a "regular reef tank". Just have to add water and cut one of the zip ties lol.

What's everyone's thoughts...
Let me know if you like it or not!!
I think I'm going to live with it for a day or two until I decided 100%
IMG_4918.JPG

How's it going. Still like it? Just read the thread and sounds like a bomb new tank build.

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's holding up the tower? It looks like it will fall over once you start adding more to the tank. maybe it's just the angle?

OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going. Still like it? Just read the thread and sounds like a bomb new tank build.
It going good thanks for asking!
I actually tweaked the scape just a tad because one of my turbos messed things up a little :mad:. I added one airplant that I've had around at home, so far it's doing great and stays that way fingers crossed... if so I'll add 2 more in a week or so.
Otherwise I'm just trying to let the coral grow in... now I'm on too picking out a few more fish. So far I'd like a dwarf golden moray eel and a smaller lion fish or waspfish.
I'll be starting a actual progress/build thread for this when I get time! I'll make sure to post a link here.

OP
OP
Preme

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's holding up the tower? It looks like it will fall over once you start adding more to the tank. maybe it's just the angle?
Just the angle.... I'm using zip ties and a little reef safe epoxy to hold everything together!

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same idea in 2013. Build an island.

I took a 65 gallon reef ready tank and chopped the overflow down to about 10 inches. I plumbed this as a middle tank, below a 29 gallon reef and next to the sump. I used a 90 watt PC for lighting and it was a bit much for moss, air plants, but did work for mangroves which are still growing. The lighting would dry out stuff really quicky, most of my first year things did well as I was misting almost daily. Air plants grew and moss did well where I had my top off water spill in(made a little water fall). One successful plant which still amazes me since they come out once in a while are morning glorys. I planted morning glory seeds in various places. They would sprout, vine out, put out a few flowers and die off. This would happen about every year.

I recently replaced the 90 watt light with a current usa LED freshwater fixture which has more options for lower lighting. I've started adding some cacti, glory seeds and eventually air plants and moss again. I don't have much salt creep on the glass at least not at an annoying level, no worse than coralline algae below the surface. I tend to see more creep on the rocks.

Picture is from the fall of 2013 several months after setup.

Al
Al's Atoll.jpg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back