I have hit a wall

My lil Booger's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have so much to do to the tank as well as a 2 and a half year old running around. I have neglected the tank going on 2 weeks. i feel like the biggest butt clown for this but can not muster up the want to, to get started on it and it did not help win i had the cover off this morning trying to get started, my lil booger decides to grab the power cord to my light an yank it down into the tank an you would no i just got it 2 weeks ago a radion xr 15 shot. i need some positive vibes from my reefing fam. I am ready to throw my hands up an be done.

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest there are ups and downs in life, the reef is more of a get away and enjoy the tranquility. Stay positive and watch both your 2 and 1/2 year old and your reef grow.

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the light dry it up as much as you can take it apart and use a duster can and dry it up form in side

OP
OP
M

My lil Booger's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it apart an dried it as best as i could. only thing it will do is shine max blue now it suxs but it is what it is and thank you for the reply.

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it you Unplugged it immediately and started drying it out. If so the longer you let it dry it shouldn’t affect the light. Electricity and water is what will end the light good luck

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all have to say is I feel for you bud... 2 Year Olds are a challenge of their own and this a big bite in the butt.. by the way, I did the same with no kid around - just me, and the wife cat, but it was upstairs at the time, so I guess it was just me... I put the light in the oven at 170 (lowest setting) and propped open the door ( with no 2 year old around) for 2-3 hours, let it set over night and voila, it was fine.
But with those corals you list, they can last a while if you have to replace it, and hope you rediscover the reason why you started .. hope you do and hope too see some shots of the cleaned tank

best of luck...

OP
OP
M

My lil Booger's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all have to say is I feel for you bud... 2 Year Olds are a challenge of their own and this a big bite in the butt.. by the way, I did the same with no kid around - just me, and the wife cat, but it was upstairs at the time, so I guess it was just me... I put the light in the oven at 170 (lowest setting) and propped open the door ( with no 2 year old around) for 2-3 hours, let it set over night and voila, it was fine.
But with those corals you list, they can last a while if you have to replace it, and hope you rediscover the reason why you started .. hope you do and hope too see some shots of the cleaned tank

best of luck...

Thanks you i got into it because my lil one wanted nemo for her last birthday an i got bit by the bug thanks for the reply and im in the process no of cleaning the tank now i love it i am a disabled stay at home dad an it takes up most of my time when the lil one dose not.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been their man. My daughters 8 now and the best thing in my life. Its worth it. U got it.
I agree about the fish only. The coral you listed will do well under a cheap fw led light. The nem not so much.
D

OP
OP
M

My lil Booger's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Radion for some softies? Talk about going all out
yea yea i no. And you no how sales ppl are made me think at the time i would be throwing money away on anything other than the most expensive thing in stock in the store at the time. B4 i come home an done any research. Impulse buy on top of needing a light an not doing any research heck no other thing i can say but being a new fish/coral keeper an not doing my research.

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had some luck saving wet electronics with a DIRO flush and drying completely, following the DIRO with alcohol will help with drying.

As for life getting busy and neglecting your tank... don't feel too bad, I think most of us have been there.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back