I have to know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a rumor which is bothering me and would like to know the truth if possible. Are you selling a trident to highest bidder?

Friday24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess anything’s possible but I can say that I called them about 6hrs ago and asked if they had any available and was told the 2 they received were already sold.

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a rumor which is bothering me and would like to know the truth if possible. Are you selling a trident to highest bidder?

Haha, based on the bids they'll be able to buy three more! This supply and demand gimmeck by Neptune is funny to watch. They're only gonna keep releasing them in small batches to keep the demand up for as long as possible. I'm good using my Hanna checkers until these are fully stocked.

oceanreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were raffling off a picture. $20x50. $1000. Not sure what they we’re retailing them for

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking it from the no response that the answer is what I expected. I will update my list of want corals accordingly.

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email I got from Premium Aquatics yesterday (5/8) advertised their limited quantities for $599

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email I got from Premium Aquatics yesterday (5/8) advertised their limited quantities for $599

Yea it's $599, sorry one of the local stores around here was jacking it up $100

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To clarify, we were not auctioning it off. There are several auctions going on at the moment on ebay however. We had a raffle and we shipped out the Trident to the winner yesterday. For $20 they had the opportunity to receive a $600 product that wont be back in stock for a while. With quantities this limited, instead of selling it to 1 person and not even giving others the opportunity, we gave it up to chance. As far as making some extra money on top of MAP, I understand how some people wouldn't like the idea but we offered extra spots and people purchased them. We even had roughly 20 more people that wanted to participate that we had to turn down. Lots of people have chimed in about this but those same people seem to have zero issue with individuals selling them for up to $4,000 so there seems to be some level of disparity between what some people believe is fair depending on the individual.
Link for reference: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=trident

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify, we were not auctioning it off. There are several auctions going on at the moment on ebay however. We had a raffle and we shipped out the Trident to the winner yesterday. For $20 they had the opportunity to receive a $600 product that wont be back in stock for a while. With quantities this limited, instead of selling it to 1 person and not even giving others the opportunity, we gave it up to chance. As far as making some extra money on top of MAP, I understand how some people wouldn't like the idea but we offered extra spots and people purchased them. We even had roughly 20 more people that wanted to participate that we had to turn down. Lots of people have chimed in about this but those same people seem to have zero issue with individuals selling them for up to $4,000 so there seems to be some level of disparity between what some people believe is fair depending on the individual.
Link for reference: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...acat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=trident

I for one have issues with people selling them on EBay for more expensive, but even a bigger problem with companies who do it. I, of course don’t speak for everyone, think you as a company would have have taken the high road on this instead of exploiting a weakness in the system. I appreciate your honesty but I can not give my money to a business that I feel has no integrity and should’ve helped the system run smoother. You are trying to extract as much money from the consumer and I feel that’s horrible business practice.

Again this is just my opinion, which really sucks because you have some amazing corals and I wanted so many in my new build.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Last edited:

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but I don’t like that. I think if you just wanted to be fair, then just pick a name randomly and sell the item at MSRP. I think companies doing this gives a black eye to a hobby that’s suppose to be about sellers/buyers helping each other, especially on this forum. Can’t imagine Neptune as a manufacturer would be happy with any authorized dealer doing that on eBay.

Alex716796

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t agree with it either but I think it bothers me even more that people are exploiting it in general just like the coral prices. There’s a ban and the item is limited and someone posts it for a crazy amount of money, eventually someone buys it and it’s now the new retail price. That truly bothers me. I just hate seeing people taking advantage. I don’t think what they did was the worst thing out there but I don’t agree with it.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one have issues with people selling them on EBay for more expensive, but even a bigger problem with companies who do it. I, of course don’t speak for everyone, think you as a company would have have taken the high road on this instead of exploiting a weakness in the system. I appreciate your honesty but I can not give my money to a business that I feel has no integrity and should’ve helped the system run smoother. You are trying to extract as much money from the consumer and I feel that’s horrible business practice.

Again this is just my opinion, which really sucks because you have some amazing corals and I wanted so many in my new build.

Good luck in your future endeavors.
I agree with you completely. I won’t buy from anyone or any business that does this. I do appreciate the honesty of the company about this though.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're only gonna keep releasing them in small batches to keep the demand up for as long as possible.

If this is true I will lose pretty much all respect for the company (Neptune). There's no good reason to do this if it's a solid product unless they're sitting up there on eBay too which would just blow me away...

Last edited:

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is true I will lose pretty much all respect for the company. There's no good reason to do this if it's a solid product unless they're sitting up there on eBay too which would just blow me away...
No offense to Neptune as a company they have the market, but the cost to make their stuff is way way over priced, to me this just shows their greed. $600, like come on... That thing looks like it cost maybe $50 to build. Just my personal opinion. I'm waiting for the day a company kicks them to the curb, makes higher quality products at a fair price, and has a customer service that actually cares and isn't annoyed every time you call them.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you completely. I won’t buy from anyone or any business that does this. I do appreciate the honesty of the company about this though.
I appreciate the honesty from that comment. I just can’t imagine from a business standpoint doing this and losing several customers in the process. I for one would have spent well into the thousands here, which I’m sure is a drop in the bucket, but I’m sure I’m not the only one. What did this cost in the end?

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is true I will lose pretty much all respect for the company. There's no good reason to do this if it's a solid product unless they're sitting up there on eBay too which would just blow me away...
No offense to Neptune as a company they have the market, but the cost to make their stuff is way way over priced, to me this just shows their greed. $600, like come on... That thing looks like it cost maybe $50 to build. Just my personal opinion. I'm waiting for the day a company kicks them to the curb, makes higher quality products at a fair price, and has a customer service that actually cares and isn't annoyed every time you call them.

Wrong bashing thread guys. You may want to head over to the Trident area.

Alex716796

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is not completely true there are no “batches” according to the last live stream from Neptune. They are shipping them out every week to vendors, it sounds like there was more demand for it than they thought. I’m sure they also want to make sure that every passes some quality control testing as well and that it’s all perfect once it reaches the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back