I have to say that after owning my Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL that I am overly impressed with the build quality!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone is entitled to their opinion - right - There have been complaints about the 750 xxl..... That said - mine is doing well.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think this is an appropriate post. Thanks ;)
Come on - all I wanted to know - is why you think something was inappropriate. If someone said something -that was wrong quote it IMO. You dont know whether I agree or disagree with you - lol. - So there's that.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to whom are you referring
Referring to the op.

Just seems like a smoke screen tactic.

Really seems like it when the same tank that was in question. Is the one specifically mentioned as the best and greatest tank made.

We have a chance of telling a new reefer to buy a tank with a known defect and everyone is good with this? I mean seriously? A friendly family site and we choke on our pride to defend it? That’s a lot of weight and water to carelessly recommend to a new reefer. What if it’s a built in dream tank they’ve waited for their whole life? And poof, house is not structurally sound anymore from water damage, insurance won’t touch it but they do report it for you so it’s on record. Worse case Christmas morning and it lets loose. Whole family dies from electrocution. You good with that? I’m not.

What we say and post on here carries weight with people that don’t know you or this site. Starting a new post and running it to the front page just lowered the bummed tank thread so it won’t show up before this one on search engines.

How many people are scared right now because of this issue? Staring to look like a lot and they don’t seem to be getting the solid reassurances they need.

We need solid info for when this problem started (manufacturing date) or key signs to look out for. So people know if they should be concerned or not. Then wait to see if the issue has been addressed which I know it will be. Also a quick support fix, if it is a stand issue. We know only one model is affected, so that a good start.

And thats great everyone thats posted has no issues. How long ago were these purchased? That might get us into the ball park for the manufacturing issue.

I know it’s contained to one tank and not everyone will have a issue. But it seems to be more than a handful.

Honestly I would put a disclaimer as I am doing now in this post that yes, they do make a solid and beautiful set up but some units are having issues to date so be wary until a official response saying it’s been handled is released.

I don’t use any social media accounts because of games like this. In which seems just like that, a face book game.

Sinnersavedtsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on two years with my Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL and not a single problem. After looking at several brand name aquariums including a Waterbox, Planet Aquarium, Reef Savvy, and finally an Elos I couldn't be happier with my decision. The tank has been flawless and their customer service has answered every question that I've had including sending me a box of free salt to get started.

Thanks #redseasteve and #RedSeaKev Keep up the outstanding work of building the finest quality aquariums!

15697308540121108319626143766434.jpg
No issues with the sturdiness or the quality of the factory stand? That’s just so much weight made of just wood to hold

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Referring to the op.

Just seems like a smoke screen tactic.

Really seems like it when the same tank that was in question. Is the one specifically mentioned as the best and greatest tank made.

We have a chance of telling a new reefer to buy a tank with a known defect and everyone is good with this? I mean seriously? A friendly family site and we choke on our pride to defend it? That’s a lot of weight and water to carelessly recommend to a new reefer. What if it’s a built in dream tank they’ve waited for their whole life? And poof, house is not structurally sound anymore from water damage, insurance won’t touch it but they do report it for you so it’s on record. Worse case Christmas morning and it lets loose. Whole family dies from electrocution. You good with that? I’m not.

What we say and post on here carries weight with people that don’t know you or this site. Starting a new post and running it to the front page just lowered the bummed tank thread so it won’t show up before this one on search engines.

How many people are scared right now because of this issue? Staring to look like a lot and they don’t seem to be getting the solid reassurances they need.

We need solid info for when this problem started (manufacturing date) or key signs to look out for. So people know if they should be concerned or not. Then wait to see if the issue has been addressed which I know it will be. Also a quick support fix, if it is a stand issue. We know only one model is affected, so that a good start.

And thats great everyone thats posted has no issues. How long ago were these purchased? That might get us into the ball park for the manufacturing issue.

I know it’s contained to one tank and not everyone will have a issue. But it seems to be more than a handful.

Honestly I would put a disclaimer as I am doing now in this post that yes, they do make a solid and beautiful set up but some units are having issues to date so be wary until a official response saying it’s been handled is released.

I don’t use any social media accounts because of games like this. In which seems just like that, a face book game.

I would suggest that every company has comments to this regard - or they are so small that they have not yet gotten comments like this. But you're right actually - what people say carries weight both on the positive and the negative. A couple of months ago there were several waterbox threads that were moved to vendor feedback for similar reasons. My comment - every fish tank you put up - can 'break'. Make sure you have insurance. Make sure you do due diligence before buying - and take every opinion here with a large grain of salt

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back