I just drank skimmate!

Phildago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am using a macro aqua m-50 protein skimmer which is working great for me but i have one pet peeve with it. You have to turn it off to empty the skim cup.
Being me I am pretty lazy with turning one piece of equipment off so I decided I am going to syphon out the skim from the cup into a bowl. While getting the syphon started I sucked on the tube for too long which resulted in a mouthful of dark brown sludgy skim. Out of shock I accidentally swallowed the skim... this was the worst taste I've ever experienced in my life. Let this be a lesson to me that I should just turn off the skimmer and empty it over siphoning out the skim...
You're dead.

Not really but you should Def go to the doctor and get started on some antibiotics because you could potentially get pretty sick

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am using a macro aqua m-50 protein skimmer which is working great for me but i have one pet peeve with it. You have to turn it off to empty the skim cup.
Being me I am pretty lazy with turning one piece of equipment off so I decided I am going to syphon out the skim from the cup into a bowl. While getting the syphon started I sucked on the tube for too long which resulted in a mouthful of dark brown sludgy skim. Out of shock I accidentally swallowed the skim... this was the worst taste I've ever experienced in my life. Let this be a lesson to me that I should just turn off the skimmer and empty it over siphoning out the skim...

You will need to check often to see if you start growing fish gills if you do we can call you The Mariner from Waterworld movie :D

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 167 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back