Accidental Skimmate in Mouth

r0b213

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
26
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,
I was cleaning my tank today and got to the last part which was my protein skimmer cup. I was wearing gloves as I do not even like to touch the cup when cleaning it. When I lifted it up, the gloves caused the cup to slip and hit the floor directly below me while I was looking down with my mouth open.. I got a mouthful and face full of Skimmate. The way it landed splattered the entire room and even my ceiling. Very gnarly. I already washed my mouth out with mouthwash, but just curious if anyone has any info on just how dangerous Skimmate is to digest.

Thanks for any help. Appreciate any comment
 
I hear that, in some countries, people pay good money for that sort of thing.

All joking aside, you should be okay. Now go brush your teeth.
 
Laughed at the replies:). On a serious note, will likely cause a bathroom break from the bacteria. Go buy a bottle of braggs organic apple cider vinegar to have on hand. Teaspoon in a glass of water daily will kill the bad bacteria.
Thanks! So far so good.
 
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS
 
The human stomach and mouth are filled with some pretty serious bacteria. I think you will be fine. Sorry you went thru that!
Thanks. So far so good. Was curious if anyone knew about the bacteria potential in the Skimmate.
I just got back into the hobby about 6 months ago and have been really enjoying it. Today made me second guess the protein skimmer.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new