I just drank skimmate!

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am using a macro aqua m-50 protein skimmer which is working great for me but i have one pet peeve with it. You have to turn it off to empty the skim cup.
Being me I am pretty lazy with turning one piece of equipment off so I decided I am going to syphon out the skim from the cup into a bowl. While getting the syphon started I sucked on the tube for too long which resulted in a mouthful of dark brown sludgy skim. Out of shock I accidentally swallowed the skim... this was the worst taste I've ever experienced in my life. Let this be a lesson to me that I should just turn off the skimmer and empty it over siphoning out the skim...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Y U M !!!!!
Listerine or scope should do wonders

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am using a macro aqua m-50 protein skimmer which is working great for me but i have one pet peeve with it. You have to turn it off to empty the skim cup.
Being me I am pretty lazy with turning one piece of equipment off so I decided I am going to syphon out the skim from the cup into a bowl. While getting the syphon started I sucked on the tube for too long which resulted in a mouthful of dark brown sludgy skim. Out of shock I accidentally swallowed the skim... this was the worst taste I've ever experienced in my life. Let this be a lesson to me that I should just turn off the skimmer and empty it over siphoning out the skim...
They say, it puts hair on your chest..........Hahaha

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good protein! Ha i haven’t drank skim mate but i have had a bunch of detritus get into my mouth... absolutely disgusting.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be the grossest thing I have heard relating to our hobby....concentrated fish poop among some other undesirables. Hopefully it was a wet skim :D

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it was a wet skim :D
...and this makes the rotten part of my brain think: "do you prefer your skimmate creamy or chunky?"

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! How many times did you have to brush to get that taste outta your mouth?;Vomit

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back