I just want to brag.

wicked demon

trained monkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local club has come a long way, in the last year we have had 2 DBTC (dont break the chain) meetings, and the one on saturday we had 35+ participants and 308 corals!!
The list of *free corals* included;
2 xBGM
red hornets 3 polyps
purple hornets
captain americas
tyree red watermelon 1/2"
spongebob favia
flames from hell leptastrea
magician palys
blue steel zoas
king midas zoas
PPE favia
green yumas
orange yumas
pink yumas
the list just goes on and on....If you can get a program like this started in your area it is a great way to diversify your tank, and help others at the same time.
Here is a pic of the board before we started drawing raffle tix.
PIC-0181_focused.jpg

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colorado? Did you guys have a write up in one of the reef magz not to long ago. I remember reading something about a DBTC program and thought it would be nice for our club to start one.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudos Wicked Demon for the CO pride! I am a relatively new member to MASC and followed the thread. Unfortunately I am still on the side lines a bit. Getting my RODI filter sometime in the next 2 weeks and will finally be able to add water to my system. Tested my lights out last night and got really stoked. I am also a little geographically challenged... well only on a proximity to the club perspective as I live in the Vail Valley. So other than having a huge commute to club meetings my life doesnt suck.

Congrats on the huge turn out, looking very forward to when I will be able to contribute!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool deal.....
My local club Vegas reefers used to have free frag Fridays where a member picked a Friday and he could post anytime that day from 12am to 12pm and it was first come first serve.... It was a great way to meet people and get the corals out there but like always it was the same 5 or 6 giving and the greedy 2 or 3 receiving so we quit it.... But it was truly amazing while it lasted you got to meet fellow reefers and see there setups and get stuff and give stuff in return....;)

OP
OP
wicked demon

wicked demon

trained monkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We always have somebody with corals for the DBTC, at least every other day for the last few months, and then we do these meetings every so often, it is a thriving program that so far has had little or no abuse, mostly just very giving people with a passion for the hobby.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed bro 90 percent of my local fellow reefers are caring and sharing but there is the 10perxent of idiots who are in it for the money and they never win lol..... As a fellow hobbyist this is the worst hobby to try and make money on lol...

Dvenson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colorado? Did you guys have a write up in one of the reef magz not to long ago. I remember reading something about a DBTC program and thought it would be nice for our club to start one.

yes it was in the Reef Magazine and it also highlighted the Reef Stock held at the Denver Aquarium.

mapleredta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in possibly starting something like this in my local club. Can you give us some more details on how yall do it?

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is such a good idea. It is awesome to see that people are willing to just let someone hold a frag and not expect money for it. Awesome job guys. That is what this hobby should be like.

zooid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was impressed with the turnout. A lot of new hobbiests didn't have any corals to offer but still left with some very nice frags.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back