I killed a blenny!

joseph scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i haven’t got any new fish for awhile, and I really enjoy my Smith”s blenny. So I decided to try another ORA tank raised fang blenny, this time a striped. I put the fish through qt, then put it in the tank twenty minutes before lights out. This way if the fish was harassed it would only be for a short while.
Fang blennies differ from other blennies in that they don’t perch on rocks or even hide in the rocks, and my stripped blenny was fine at first swimming right out in the open. Then my longnosed hawkfish pair started taking the occasional swipes at it until the blenny hid fang blenny style flat against the glass in a corner. The next day when I came home from work the fish was gone.

OP
OP
joseph scott

joseph scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i haven’t got any new fish for awhile, and I really enjoy my Smith”s blenny. So I decided to try another ORA tank raised fang blenny, this time a striped. I put the fish through qt, then put it in the tank twenty minutes before lights out. This way if the fish was harassed it would only be for a short while.
Fang blennies differ from other blennies in that they don’t perch on rocks or even hide in the rocks, and my stripped blenny was fine at first swimming right out in the open. Then my longnosed hawkfish pair started taking the occasional swipes at it until the blenny hid fang blenny style flat against the glass in a corner. The next day when I came home from work the fish was gone.
I would really like to add Some more fang blennies, so now my plan is to get multiple fang blennies,maybe as many as six so No one fish is harassed to death. I also just ordered a acclimation box from Octo aquatics to help with the agressiveness.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had fang blennies be pretty aggressive toward each other in captivity.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back