Orange Spotted Blenny

Chessmanmark

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2014
Messages
611
Reaction score
622
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always liked this fish. I saw one in person about 10 years ago at the House of Fins. It was in a big tank, fat and full of personality.

I ordered one shortly after that experience, but it died a couple days after I got it.

I got one recently and was worried about it eating. I had grown out some hair algae that it consumed in 2 days. I started pulling algae from another tank, but by the end of the week it wouldn’t eat micro algae anymore as it was eating frozen brine and mysis. I put nori in the tank, but in the morning it’s covered in snails or crabs. I think the Blenny is picking at it, but I haven’t witnessed it myself.

This was my experience in case you are thinking of purchasing one and are trying to get it to eat processed foods.

It’s a great fish with a huge personality. While it spends much of its time perching on a rock or the sand, it is surprisingly quick, which can freak out other fish.

I was also concerned that it was mostly grey when it first came, however it returned to its nice white color when relaxed, especially when it is sitting on sand, so don’t stress about the color at first.
IMG_8052.jpeg
IMG_8055.jpeg
IMG_8059.jpeg
 
I have always liked this fish. I saw one in person about 10 years ago at the House of Fins. It was in a big tank, fat and full of personality.

I ordered one shortly after that experience, but it died a couple days after I got it.

I got one recently and was worried about it eating. I had grown out some hair algae that it consumed in 2 days. I started pulling algae from another tank, but by the end of the week it wouldn’t eat micro algae anymore as it was eating frozen brine and mysis. I put nori in the tank, but in the morning it’s covered in snails or crabs. I think the Blenny is picking at it, but I haven’t witnessed it myself.

This was my experience in case you are thinking of purchasing one and are trying to get it to eat processed foods.

It’s a great fish with a huge personality. While it spends much of its time perching on a rock or the sand, it is surprisingly quick, which can freak out other fish.

I was also concerned that it was mostly grey when it first came, however it returned to its nice white color when relaxed, especially when it is sitting on sand, so don’t stress about the color at first.
IMG_8052.jpeg
IMG_8055.jpeg
IMG_8059.jpeg
I had one and agree totally with the personality. Mine had more orange and less of the brown mottling.
1774746528681.png
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new