I like CHALICES, BIG and ROUND

coral-200.jpg
 
Very nice chalices, Im a bit of a chalice nut myself and just starting to collect a few. Have a small tank that I started Jan 1 and looking to populate with mostly chalices, cant wait. Any chance you could drop a FTS on us so we can see your collection? It must be amazing from all the pictures you've posted.
 
beautiful collection! I watch the reefbuilders video of Elite Reef Denver Mike's 30 gallon often to see his chalices, yours are just as nice!
 
Here’s my chalice section
 

Attachments

  • F8059A37-6C68-43AE-8BFC-061A7E0EBD63.jpeg
    F8059A37-6C68-43AE-8BFC-061A7E0EBD63.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 102
Bump! Let's see some more colonies!!
 
360g corals6.jpg
 
Chalices are the hardest corals for me to grow! I hear low placemat then I hear high placement! I bought an expensive rainbow and had it low acclimating and was browning out big time so I moved it to my frag rack up higher a little below the wave maker like 5 inches but off to the side! I started to color up like crazy but losing tissue!
 
Chalices are the hardest corals for me to grow! I hear low placemat then I hear high placement! I bought an expensive rainbow and had it low acclimating and was browning out big time so I moved it to my frag rack up higher a little below the wave maker like 5 inches but off to the side! I started to color up like crazy but losing tissue!
150ish par and they should do fine.
 
Chalices are the hardest corals for me to grow! I hear low placemat then I hear high placement! I bought an expensive rainbow and had it low acclimating and was browning out big time so I moved it to my frag rack up higher a little below the wave maker like 5 inches but off to the side! I started to color up like crazy but losing tissue!
Contrary creatures chalice.
my biggest doesn't like much light at all(8 inch across egg nog) & lives down in a dark corner where the detritus blows into & Its really fat & puffy around edges.slow growth but great colour.
My raja colony has grown from 5 to 13 eyes in 3 months up high on a frag rack next to acro's.
I've had rainbow frags that have not grown a quarter inch in one year regardless of placement.
Odd things!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240821-215059~2.png
    Screenshot_20240821-215059~2.png
    797.5 KB · Views: 24

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new