I love pipefish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
21,799
Reaction score
73,730
Location
Long Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just love pipefish and usually have bluestripe pipefish, but just now I got me a dragon pipefish. I fed him a bunch of new born brine shrimp before I put him in my reef because I know the store never fed her.
Of course my copperband figured she was a worm and took some exploratory bites but I think the copperband now knows that pipefish don't taste to good. They also have a very weird looking pipefish that I may just go back and get. I don't know what it is as I never saw one before. It was very thin, thinner than most pipefish with a long tapering front end and a long tapering back end that ended in a small tail. Kind of like a knitting needle. But the front was black then gradually turning to a bright orange as if air brushed, then back to black. It was the most unusual pipefish I had even seen and I wish I had some baby brine shrimp with me to try it out on it as it looked hungry and I am sure they can't feed it and I am also sure it hasn't eaten since it was collected so it will die if I don't get her. I am not sure if I can get back there in a couple of days.
 
janss-pipefish
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1367719077.775790.jpg


Borrowed this from the web page on the photo. Might have to go find one for the wife's seahorse tank.
 
Yes a Janss pipefish, If I get time today I am going to go back and get her. I mean how cool are they?
I only like wierd fish, no tangs or angels for me, they are to common but how many times do you see Janss pipefish? I se dragons, banded, bluestripes but not usually Janss.
Thanks for the picture.
 
Pipefish are cool.
I'm surprised more people don't have them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new