Pipefish died after only a few days?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NStuart
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NStuart

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I got a dragon faced pipefish on the weekend (five days ago) and came home today to find him dead on the sand. Levels checked on Sunday were all good, he had been eating, both the pods in the tank and I was supplementing with baby brine shrimp. Can anyone suggest what might have happened? I'm worried I starved him to death or something, even though I fed him 2x a day on top of the pods in the tank.
 
Hi all, I got a dragon faced pipefish on the weekend (five days ago) and came home today to find him dead on the sand. Levels checked on Sunday were all good, he had been eating, both the pods in the tank and I was supplementing with baby brine shrimp. Can anyone suggest what might have happened? I'm worried I starved him to death or something, even though I fed him 2x a day on top of the pods in the tank.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

It's really impossible to say conclusively what might have happened. The five day time frame is short enough that it may have had a pre existing issue from capture and transport. However, the fact that it settled in and was eating tends to lead me to some other cause.

Did you see it actually eating the brine shrimp?
Who were its tankmates?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new