I make poor life choices

LBReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After upgrading my office to a 120 two years ago, I decided to go in a dramatically different direction and bought a Red Sea 200XL G2 from my LFS.

I had been struggling with a hair algae breakout that I could not overcome and realized that I could not maintain a tank that large at my office. The biweekly water changes involved hauling four or more five gallon jugs to/from work and I was going through 10 gallons of ro water a week. My longterm fish were thriving, but bullied any new additions. The corals were hanging on by a thread.

I'm hoping that this new tank will be more manageable and thereby a bit more enjoyable.

I debated the size and manufacturer extensively. Ultimately I wanted something I could move by myself and keep up with water changes in a single trip. The Red Sea beat out waterbox because they offered a cube in the volume I wanted and my LFS offered to assble the stand.

Once settling on the 200XL, I then debated G1 vs. G2. MY LFS offered a moderate discount for the older floor model. It would also provide instant gratification. Ultimately I decided that the option to use English vice metric plumbing, the upgraded stand and beefed up calibration systems made the choice to go G2 easy.

Here's to a new adventure!
20221014_110345.jpg

20221014_110345.jpg

Back