I need a new job

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand where you are coming from.
I had a job that they said was minimal travel at time. I was kept out of town working for at least 10 months out of the twelve. They said I could come off the road from working, but they could not guarantee me having a job when I got back. One time I came off the road after a 6 month stent and had enough time to see my kids and wife for 10 hours before I left again for another 3 months.

ZoaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to be an airline pilot, but decided the scheduling was terrible for having a family, which was priority for me. So, I work a desk job mon-fri, days, that pays the bills, but won't fill my tank with the world's best coral in one day.
I talk to 40 year pilots making better than half a million\yr, but suffer from insommia and family problems.
No, thanks.
Money has its value, but somethings are priceless.

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a forced retiree aka Medical issues from my chosen profession OTR driving. I loved it out there and in my last year I did crap that if I tried it now lets just say I would be spending time behind bars with all the new Regulations that have been rammed thru. On more than one occasion I would get loaded up in Salinas CA and send my loaded call in and get a message back need your butt in the yard ASAP less than 2 days later I would cover that distance. There was a time for 2 weeks I was running 6K miles a week Solo in a truck. I did all of this knowing I could get fined and lose my license and such. My boss at my last carrier had a dozen trucks 8 solos and 4 teams that where called the Untouchables in the company. Meaning if we asked for anything we got it no questions asked I was one of them. Why because when the crap hit the freaking fan we where the ones that bailed out the boss with doing the impossible.

Here was just some of what we did. In a 2 week period we had 6 trucks abandoned and 3 more seized for drivers doing less than legal things. 1 team and the 8 solos where flown out to recover the trucks from the various cities. We then all loaded them and had them back to the yard in less than 48 hours from leaving the yard the first time. The 1 team and I had the farthest to go theirs was in Seattle mine was in Tuscan I beat the team back by 2 hours. Then we all told that the solos had to run as what was called super solos for 2 weeks solid til he got the driver situation figured out. For that we all had to crank out between 14-16 hour days for weeks at a time. We said sure just how are we going to avoid being inspected. He said since all trucks say team operated here you should be fine that and we never crossed into major DOT states like CA OR or WA. We would relay in Idaho Montana Nevada AZ and head back east. Our trucks had no Governor on them had Test engines from Detroit Diesel in them 14 liters all rated for at least 600 HP and mine was a 665 so we flew up and down the Mountains. It was always so much fun to blow past some big Owner Operator truck at night doing about 78 and he would go No way does Henderson do that speed. I would go Some of us do.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back