I need a new light for my 16 gallon bio cube. What’s a good light for me to get. I’m also going to be having corals in my tank

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s a good new light for my 16 gallon bio cube

Welcome! Glad you joined

I'd defer to others on lighting. There is a Forum just for Lighting where you might get better responses. This 'Meet and Greet' is monitored by those that may or may not have suggestions and ideas.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

299117BA-0E66-4701-8C34-907456CB8A17.gif

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also recommend the AI Prime 16hd. It’ll work great on your tank and will grow with you should you upgrade to a larger tank down the road. Another option would be the Kessil a160 (if you’re only planning on softies and/or lps, you might be able to get away with the a80). If budget is a concern, I’ve heard good things about the aqua knight for nano tanks.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R. I've never used one but the AI Prime is kinda the standard small tank light around the hobby.

Why don’t you try a noopysche? I hear they are really good and they usually have good deals. @noopsyche, aren’t you currently running a sale?
Nope the went off sale at the end of September.

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine, AI prime 16 HD. It’s fully programmable on your phone and good enough for SPS. There’s even a Facebook group about it if you want to learn more.
Another vote for the Prime. I have one in m
13.5 gallon. It’s compact, programmable, and strong. I also like that if/when I upgrade, I can use it on a bigger tank (even pair it with others). I have a Nero 3 Powerhead and they work together on the same app.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back