I need help!!

TheLoneCopepod

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
22
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bubble tip go on the move a few days ago and as you can see from the picture it has killed some other coral in its path..... im noticing that the white is taking over!!!! Is there a way to stop the death????? I don't want the whole thing to die I assumed that the dead parts would grow back. But now its going white in places where the anemone never touched

20200827_143703.jpg
 
I agree completely with @James M. I have had new growth on what appeared to be dead Monti cap in the past, but if it's spreading, it's safest to get rid of the affected area.
 
Definitely remove the dead white parts. It is likely the white bleaching will spread
 
I just let my anemones kill my coral if they want. It eventually grows back. Or it is now part of my rockwork and I can just put a new coral there. Monti cap is cheap and u can upgrade to a cooler color of it
 
I agree completely with @James M. I have had new growth on what appeared to be dead Monti cap in the past, but if it's spreading, it's safest to get rid of the affected area.

Thanks. I did remove as much white as I could but woke up this morning and the whole main piece is white... managed to break off a few smaller pieces and move them away which are doing OK as of now.
 
I just let my anemones kill my coral if they want. It eventually grows back. Or it is now part of my rockwork and I can just put a new coral there. Monti cap is cheap and u can upgrade to a cooler color of it

This is true unfortunately I don't see it very often and my LFS let alone any good colors. Do you know of a trust worthy place to buy from online?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new