I need more fish to raise nitrate

Victor Nguyen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have a 90 gal tank. Currently, I have a yellow tang, 2 cardinals, 2 ocellaris clownfish, 5 chromis, 1 green mandarin dragonet, 1 six line, 2 anthias, 2 cleaner shrimps, 1 fire shrimp, and 1 firefish. What other fish do you recommend I should get. I like wrasses. What are some reef safe wrasses that you guys prefer? TIA for the input.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you have about 14 fish in there; I'd be surprised if you could get many more without aggression issues.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R Welcome.jpg

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to add at least one more anthias, they should ideally be kept in odd numbers, they should also be fed 3x+ a day.

If it were me, I would add three more anthias and ramp up feeding frequency.

dduby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellowtail Tamarin
Blue Star leopard
Yellow coris
McCosker's

You may have issues with your Six-Line though. Well known aggressor.

I did have a Melanurus on this list at first but I'm hesitate to recommend due to my own experience with one. It became a big time bully and I had to re-home. Others have had them with great success so.....

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filefish, feed the ones you have more, and if you’re adding a wrasse they jump, so keep a lid on it.

Golden headed sleeper if you have sand?

OP
OP
Victor Nguyen

Victor Nguyen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I like another tang too (either hippo or kole) but my yellow is very aggressive and it already killed 2 tangs. I tried to use the mirror method but that didn't work. Might have to re-home him.

My nitrate is 2.5-5. I like to keep it at 5-10 but last time when I try to dose potassium nitrate with tree stump removal my sps didn't like that much and some frags rtn.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For food I would go with LRS Reef Frenzy. Great stuff with a virtual buffet offered to your fish. As for the Anthias they definitely need to be fed multiple times per day. My Lyretail is a complete pig.

OP
OP
Victor Nguyen

Victor Nguyen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed a meatier food, like clam, squid, oyster, table shrimp, those two are basically exoskeleton and not much else
Great advice... My friend chop up his own food and has great results with nitrate. I will try this also. Thanks.

Back