I NEED MORE INFO ON THIS FISH... NOW

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I was recently looking on reef builders and found this

As I assume the rest of you will if you haven’t seen this yet will fall in love with this spectacular fish. There are so many questions and one that I ask is where are MORE UPDATES... They seemed to have stalled months ago. How much more beautiful will this fish be today. We ( I ) need pictures. What do you guys think this fish truly is and what is it a breed of. Will we be able to replicate this and make more. Will this fish be for sale, if so for how much.

@Jake Adams

Z.-scopas-x-Z.-flavescens.jpg
Z.-scopas-x-Z.-flavescens-18.jpg

OP
OP
Bepis

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is just the beginning, now that they're successfully captive breeding tangs, we are going to see a lot more of this... 5 years from now we are going to see the same thing we experienced with clowns.

You're going to see some wild tangs. Mark my words.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We will continue to see many hybrids in this hobby as time comes plus many places like Biota who are doing their own breeding

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sailfins are the Tang I have a weakness for... if you can hybridize them and they stay smaller, I won't complain!
That's not too far fetched. If it gets to the point that hobbyists are successfully breeding them in their garage, we can see enough inbreeding to have 1" full grown tangs...

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not too far fetched. If it gets to the point that hobbyists are successfully breeding them in their garage, we can see enough inbreeding to have 1" full grown tangs...

Well 1" is crazy... I just meant maybe a sailfin the size of a yellow instead of a dinnerplate :)

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is just the beginning, now that they're successfully captive breeding tangs, we are going to see a lot more of this... 5 years from now we are going to see the same thing we experienced with clowns.

You're going to see some wild tangs. Mark my words.

I never even though of other designer type fish..... dangit

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful fish.

i think another consequence of domestication is reduced aggression. image that with tangs.
Maybe, or it could be more aggressive, as it has little interaction with other fish, so is therefore even more territorial.
Take betta fish for example — years of domestication has made them much more aggressive than they truly are in the wild.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, or it could be more aggressive, as it has little interaction with other fish, so is therefore even more territorial.
Take betta fish for example — years of domestication has made them much more aggressive than they truly are in the wild.
True, but they were selecively bred for their agressiveness so people could bet on them in fights and what not. So unless someone exclusively breeds tangs which are extremely agressive together i doubt this will happen.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, but they were selecively bred for their agressiveness so people could bet on them in fights and what not. So unless someone exclusively breeds tangs which are extremely agressive together i doubt this will happen.
That’s pretty true.
Goldfish are very peaceful and personable, for example, because of their long domestication. So I suppose aggression is more of what specifically they are bred for.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back