I need some help from a few of you members and your reef tank!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really understanding, we will lose our builds ?? NO can't be correct there, what i'm concerned w is
answering 2 threads for every member ?
Straight forward , can I do the "showcase" as a reference of experience,knowledge, keep updated , but on top of first post in current build, have locked , and still edit accordingly ?
TIA... :)
@revhtree , how are these "showcase" threads going to end up being different from the existing build threads? Would it make more sense to allow people to add a new post at the beginning of their existing build thread with all this information? Those who complete could still get the extra badge, but the build thread wouldn't have to be duplicated. Just a thought...

I agree. I don't want to lose my existing build thread. As I suggested yesterday (before Frank did, lol) if the showcase post can be added to the top of an existing build thread and then edited as needed, this would make more sense (not understanding why it would need to be "locked" though).

Some users, for instance @blaxsun , already have their build thread set up like this, with the first post being updated as needed with the current tank information, in addition to making regular posts on the thread.

I don't know if what frank and I are suggesting is even possible, but again, I don't want to lose my current build thread just to have a "showcase" thread.

Thanks.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is cool! Excited to see this new tool for showcasing reef tanks from our members!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not really understanding, we will lose our builds ?? NO can't be correct there, what i'm concerned w is
Straight forward , can I do the "showcase" as a reference of experience,knowledge, keep updated , but on top of first post in current build, have locked , and still edit accordingly ?
@revhtree ?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!!!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Last edited:

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like the build threads more -- reading through the tank's progression is more fun & rewarding than the finished product. Some folks have updated the final build pic/parameters on the first page to save the readers from sifting through hundreds/thousands of replies.

I agree that the Build Thread & Showcase are somewhat redundant. I also agree that it's going to be painful to be collaborating across 2 threads.

Perhaps a happy medium is to disable the Comment Section in the Showcase area and only allow the OP to update the Showcase?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You don’t have to use the showcase. You can choose what you want to do.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But if we do (I did), do we lose our build thread ? I’d rather erase my showcase if I’m going to lose my build thread.

Thanks.
that seems like the consensus here ??

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back