I need some help from a few of you members and your reef tank!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since my tank is an upgrade, its "age" really isn't 4 months ... Everything from my 90 gallon (except the sand) was moved into the current system. I don't know if it's worth adding a question about maturity vs age...

Hmm I wonder if we could specify this with a set of questions or maybe just a details text box?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fec2da5d6-77c7-487d-a3f7-932e4f60805a_1280x1024.jpeg

:grimacing-face:

ME EXACTLY!

The hope though is to have a database of reef aquariums where people can browse, get ideas for their tanks and mimic for success.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The age was a tough question - As people upgrade is it when the upgrade went into effect, or is it when the system was started. Is my system 20+ years old or only 9months.

You asked about the pumps and lights and calcium reactor - but didn't allow people to specify skimmer type/brand.

It seems like with the check box for overflow type their should be options for the drain type (durso, herbie, etc) also, or a text box to list which style you have.

I don’t even spend this much time on my income tax return

No prob. A few uppercase/lowercase mishmash. Probably want some consistency there. Sometimes it's NONE, sometimes None. Sometimes the 2nd word is uppercase, sometime not ...

I just tried it out. I used my rare fish tank which presented a couple issues.
  1. I don't test for magnesium and calcium because there are no hard corals but they are both listed as required items. They should be optional.
  2. The fish listing should include predator fish or more categories (eels, lionfish, frogfish, etc). Other feels underwhelming.
Really like it otherwise.

Oh, and please make everything editable - at least for now, lol. I didn't have time to enter everything I wanted and may decide to change the title or description ;)

Ok making some changes now! Thanks everyone!

WarChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done!

1. Questions that should be added.
Maybe add somewhere for a PAR picture of the setup. Like separate from the regular pictures. I have attached an example. It would be cool to see other peoples lighting and where they are placing things.
Add a block or spot for automation. Like do you use any controllers and what type?
Add a block for testing equipment. Like what type of equipment do you use to test parameters of your tank?

2. Things that may be misspelled.
Didn't notice anything.

3. Items that are just wrong.
Didn't notice anything.

4. Anything else that needs addressing.
Didn't notice anything.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.PNG
    IMG_2401.PNG
    954.8 KB · Views: 31

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great insight! Will make that change.
Also, the age is only listed in months, if the tank is 15 years old, are people going to take the time to figure out how many months that is? or if I say my tank is 135 months old, will people actually quickly be able to figure out in years...

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. I don't test for magnesium and calcium because there are no hard corals but they are both listed as required items. They should be optional.
  2. The fish listing should include predator fish or more categories (eels, lionfish, frogfish, etc). Other feels underwhelming.
I agree, or maybe just a place to type in the fish list. the number of each kind and the species or trade name.

Stoneyed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
done! any chance it can send a notification if more questions are added? It would be nice to be able to keep it updated as it evolves

A datalogging feature to keep track of parameters over time would be a really cool addition. Especially if it could automatically pull data from a controller.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What predator fish exactly do you think we need to include?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks and I have added more questions. Please go and edit if you want to add those!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having issues saving. There is no option for controller that I can see, and I inputted age in months, but I guess it doesn't like my answer. And it all got deleted because it couldn't save.
Screenshot_20230614-142255~2.png

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having issues saving. There is no option for controller that I can see, and I inputted age in months, but I guess it doesn't like my answer.
Screenshot_20230614-142255~2.png
I had the same problem, refresh it and un click the light bulb button, then it should fix.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back