I need some help with a decision.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Today I went out and bought a IM AIO 15 gallon to replace another tank that I was going to use until I realized its silicone had gone bad. But when I got home and placed the tank on the desk I got a very unsure feeling. Why did I buy this? Can I do this? I am 14 so I guess this is just part of growing up? I’m afraid if I go through with this I will begin to neglect my 65 gallon saltwater and 45 fresh. So I come to the forums to ask what should I do? Should I return the tank to my LFS or go through with the plan?
Thanks
Cam
#r#reefsquad0
@Reefer Matt
@Reef Devils @randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feel like you are responsible enough.
The silocne is bad on the new tank?
I maintain ish 2 tanks. You can also start the new tank with old rock from your other tank.
Nice part abt a 2nd tank is you alrety have all the equipment.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its completely up to you. We cannot make the decision for you, since we know little about you and how much time you have in your hands. If you have plenty of free time, and get bored during that time, then sure. Go for it. But if the 2 tanks are taking up all your free time, then no. It's probably not the best choice. Remember, it's always possible you will get burnt out from the hobby, too, if you go a bit overboard with it.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you feel like you are responsible enough.
The silocne is bad on the new tank?
I maintain ish 2 tanks. You can also start the new tank with old rock from your other tank.
Nice part abt a 2nd tank is you alrety have all the equipment.
Back when I was thinking about a nano tank startup I had a gangpike but the silicon was bad on it so I went and bought the IM AIO.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I was thinking about a nano tank startup I had a gangpike but the silicon was bad on it so I went and bought the IM AIO.
Oh ok
As walker said it just depends on the time you have on your hands.
I don't have much at all but I manage my 1.5 tanks fine.(I say .5 bc my mom does her tank but I still have to do it alot)
I don't think a nano is too much harder.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok
As walker said it just depends on the time you have on your hands.
I don't have much at all but I manage my 1.5 tanks fine.(I say .5 bc my mom does her tank but I still have to do it alot)
I don't think a nano is too much harder.
Alright thanks man

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Np.
Also remember money. Idk if you're paying for it. I had to pay for everything for mine (expet for the upgrade tank) and that got expensive fast.
I've had to stop buying fish and coral so I could support paying for my truck.
I am paying for it although I have been saving for a while and have no worries about it. I think I’ll just go through with the plan and not worry about it

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up the tank. Just the fact that you're doubting whether you should keep it indicates thought and not a impulse decision maker(seemingly), these are good traits for a reef keeper. It doesn't have to be expensive or labor intensive. The tank can be fowler, qt, jail for misbehaving fish. You will already have much of supporting equipment. Can transition to reef later in time, as you find free time and money burning a hole in your pocket..

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up the tank. Just the fact that you're doubting whether you should keep it indicates thought and not an impulse decision maker(seemingly), these are good traits for a reef keeper. It doesn't have to be expensive or labor intensive. The tank can be fowler, qt, jail for misbehaving fish. You will already have much of supporting equipment. Can transition to reef later in time, as you find free time and money burning a hole in your pocket..
Thank you

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I have decided to keep it but I am afraid that I will lose interest in my 65g reef and 45g fresh planted. What are some other options besides reef tanks that I could do for a 15g? My idea for this 15g is to keep things I cannot in my 65g like certain inverts my wrasse would eat and some small gobies that I've never even seen before. What do you guys think?
Set up the tank. Just the fact that you're doubting whether you should keep it indicates thought and not a impulse decision maker(seemingly), these are good traits for a reef keeper. It doesn't have to be expensive or labor intensive. The tank can be fowler, qt, jail for misbehaving fish. You will already have much of supporting equipment. Can transition to reef later in time, as you find free time and money burning a hole in your pocket..

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I have decided to keep it but I am afraid that I will lose interest in my 65g reef and 45g fresh planted. What are some other options besides reef tanks that I could do for a 15g? My idea for this 15g is to keep things I cannot in my 65g like certain inverts my wrasse would eat and some small gobies that I've never even seen before. What do you guys think?
I can't help you there, never ran a 15g tank. But certain mantis shrimp are cool.. i would just get water in it and let it run dark for several months, preferably with established rock. Then you research and if you come across something, get it. Go slow and use extra money/ time on it. I feel like trying to figure out all out, ahead of time, and setting it up may consume your time and attention that the running tank needs. In the time being, just get some rocks in it with water flowing. Imo

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help you there, never ran a 15g tank. But certain mantis shrimp are cool.. i would just get water in it and let it run dark for several months, preferably with established rock. Then you research and if you come across something, get it. Go slow and use extra money/ time on it. I feel like trying to figure out all out, ahead of time, and setting it up may consume your time and attention that the running tank needs. In the time being, just get some rocks in it with water flowing. Imo
Alright. I'm trying to come up with a good aquascape right now and I don't really know what I want to do.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know how to cultivate copepods? I want to in the AIO area of the tank I was told I could what do you think?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only you know what you can handle mentally, physically, and emotionally as well as time-wise.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello. Today I went out and bought a IM AIO 15 gallon to replace another tank that I was going to use until I realized its silicone had gone bad. But when I got home and placed the tank on the desk I got a very unsure feeling. Why did I buy this? Can I do this? I am 14 so I guess this is just part of growing up? I’m afraid if I go through with this I will begin to neglect my 65 gallon saltwater and 45 fresh. So I come to the forums to ask what should I do? Should I return the tank to my LFS or go through with the plan?
Thanks
Cam
#r#reefsquad0
@Reefer Matt
@Reef Devils @randomfishdude
Return for exchange for refund

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back