I need some help with my tailspot blenny

JerseyMarc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Tailspot Blenny for a few months now. He has always seemed to do well and is very active. The past few weeks I have noticed that its belly seems distended and whiteish, but it seems thin after its stomach. When I feed the tank he goes nuts after the food, but he can't seem to decide which peices to go after and he ands up with very little and only small bits compared to the other fish. I have put Nori in a few times and he doesn't seem interested in it. I am sure there is some natural algae in the tank somewhere as well. I am wondering if I am feeding him correctly or does he have something else going on?
I rotate between Reef Prime flakes, PE misis, Formula A, and H2O Spirulina, Brine and Misis. I feed every other day usually one cube of food or a few pinches of flakes. The other fish are two clowns, a Watchman goby, Firefish and a SIxline Wrasse. I was planning to switch to Rods when I go through the Fozen I have now and I was going to try putting some Garlic extreme on the nori tomorrow to see if that got his interest. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 35 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back