I need to buy a bunch of stuff! What's your online retailer recommendations?

FragileReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went in person to the LFS, the guy at this place has been ok up and till today when I told him I bought a WB. I then said I'd love him to be able to provide me the other equipment I needed so I could should support for the LFS and well, it went down hill from there, he ended up pretty much ignoring me :) which was a very hard achievement as I was the only one in the store!

I tried!

I'm sorry that's the way he treated free business. To be honest the LFS five minutes away is the exact same. I've given up trying to give him my business. I just for emergency items or water tests.
My favorite store is a hidden gem and nearly 40 mins away. It doesn't have many drygoods I'm really interested in but always offered to order at internet prices. They have the healthiest fish and the advise it top notch. Saved me money in mistakes and has given me a few extra cuc members and some fw shrimp. I bought a used tank from them and had them order me my kessil. They remembered the right gooseneck and got me alot of additional accessories.

It took me some time to find a good LFS. To be honest I went to nearly every store the state with a list of questions. All of my planned equipment or livestock always come from the store who was willing to answer all of my questions.

Sucks you found a bad apple but at least there is some great online dealers to fill the gap.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS for most stuff. They know me, I know them. I'm lucky enough to have at least 4 decent places to go locally. I'd rather keep a local small business going than a big faceless website. The only exception to that is BRS (who are quite decidedly NOT faceless given that one of the partners is a huge online reefing personality), who I've ordered from (cross border to boot) just because I felt I should contribute something to the massive amount of knowledge and info they put resources into.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry that's the way he treated free business. To be honest the LFS five minutes away is the exact same. I've given up trying to give him my business. I just for emergency items or water tests.
My favorite store is a hidden gem and nearly 40 mins away. It doesn't have many drygoods I'm really interested in but always offered to order at internet prices. They have the healthiest fish and the advise it top notch. Saved me money in mistakes and has given me a few extra cuc members and some fw shrimp. I bought a used tank from them and had them order me my kessil. They remembered the right gooseneck and got me alot of additional accessories.

It took me some time to find a good LFS. To be honest I went to nearly every store the state with a list of questions. All of my planned equipment or livestock always come from the store who was willing to answer all of my questions.

Sucks you found a bad apple but at least there is some great online dealers to fill the gap.
I was very surprised by his reaction. Up until today he has been pretty nice when I have gone in for a look around. I am lucky to have another store 15 mins drive away, so I will be using them in the future.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS hands down. Even if they were more expensive than the others I would still choose them solely based on all the videos and education that they provide to the hobby

I agree, but I haven’t found there pricing to be more expensive. IMHO- they are always spot on with pricing. And customer support in A+

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally shop BRS if you need an Eshops 160 protein skimmer i have one only used 2 months, my wife is OCD it is the wrong color lol had to go

corky1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have a bunch of stuff to buy! While I could get most of it through Waterbox, I would really like to start using an online store that rewards custom, I think I have seen a couple of places that offer points, but just wondered if there is a go to online reef supply vendor. I did call and leave a message at Saltwater a few days ago. They never responded, so they can pretty much count themselves out. I'm a stickler for customer service, and once I find somewhere good, I pretty much stay loyal!
BRS is my go to reefer supply

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several great stores, The local guy can be funny about big ticket items but when hes 200 more than online its a no-brainier!
What is really needed is a list of retailers, we all have mortgages and they do too.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs, aquatic cove, Amazon, Ebay, petco/petsmart price match, & fb market place

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back