I Need to know what this is

boeingn747

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
486
Reaction score
383
Location
South St.paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this as a free frag from wwc, I do not know what it is. Any ID would be great.

20211221_194624.jpg 20211221_194609.jpg
 
I have several goni, this is definitely not one of them. Or it's a type that I've never seen before. I've had it in the tank for over 6months. For the first 4 months it looked more like a cyphastria, but as of late the polyps are gearing bigger and bigger. I thought that maybe it was a Alveopora. I know they are similar.
 
It’s an alveopora, I have one almost identical:
DE928280-C6D1-4022-A8F8-117D025A807B.jpeg

These are all alveopora, the one on the left that’s almost out of the frame is the one similar to yours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new