I really need you guys right now to help me!

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long story short I had a very successful reef tank 15 years ago. College growing up etc I sold it and took a break. Never lost a fish or coral. Never qt a thing! This time started small Fluval 13.5 bought some live rock a few corals and a clown fish. Clown died
Bought another one it died. I have never seen velvet or brook before. Never heard of it 15 years ago. So did my research found out what was going on. Ran the tank fallow. Bought a smal qt tank. Had my two clowns and dottyback go through 2 months copper prazipro and observations. All good. Tank ha doing amazing ! So decided I wanted a few more corals crabs abs Snails started a a frag tank slash invert qt tank. It ran for 3 months with a lawn mower blenny and a damsel in it. Must have made a a mistake. Did some reef roids and an sps coral died. Tank crashes I lost my babies I was devastated. I documented some of this on my channel to help others. Also I have a 30g fish qt tank I’m working om cause I just bought my dream 65g waterbox tank and I slowly want to have some fish and corals ready in the. New year for that. This guy went at me. Said I should be ashamed for my fish deaths I didn’t do my research. I’ve tried so hard spent a small fortune. He said having 4 tanks is dumb. I have a display. A coral qt and a fish qt tank all because of reef to reef I’m trying my best to protect my main display. My wife gives me a hard time about fish loss. I’ve tried very hard to have a school of chromis this year. Just like old times. The fish come in to the lfs with uronema and if they don’t show it. They get it and die. I had a. Brand new tank! 3 chromis one for uronema. I’m trying guys. I really an. I read on here all night and all day at work. I’m determined to do this. Thanks for listening and merry Christmas

Roosterjack

Struttin’ and Cluckin’
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long story short I had a very successful reef tank 15 years ago. College growing up etc I sold it and took a break. Never lost a fish or coral. Never qt a thing! This time started small Fluval 13.5 bought some live rock a few corals and a clown fish. Clown died
Bought another one it died. I have never seen velvet or brook before. Never heard of it 15 years ago. So did my research found out what was going on. Ran the tank fallow. Bought a smal qt tank. Had my two clowns and dottyback go through 2 months copper prazipro and observations. All good. Tank ha doing amazing ! So decided I wanted a few more corals crabs abs Snails started a a frag tank slash invert qt tank. It ran for 3 months with a lawn mower blenny and a damsel in it. Must have made a a mistake. Did some reef roids and an sps coral died. Tank crashes I lost my babies I was devastated. I documented some of this on my channel to help others. Also I have a 30g fish qt tank I’m working om cause I just bought my dream 65g waterbox tank and I slowly want to have some fish and corals ready in the. New year for that. This guy went at me. Said I should be ashamed for my fish deaths I didn’t do my research. I’ve tried so hard spent a small fortune. He said having 4 tanks is dumb. I have a display. A coral qt and a fish qt tank all because of reef to reef I’m trying my best to protect my main display. My wife gives me a hard time about fish loss. I’ve tried very hard to have a school of chromis this year. Just like old times. The fish come in to the lfs with uronema and if they don’t show it. They get it and die. I had a. Brand new tank! 3 chromis one for uronema. I’m trying guys. I really an. I read on here all night and all day at work. I’m determined to do this. Thanks for listening and merry C

Don’t let jerks on the internet to wear you down.. If I had a dollar for every fish, frag, or invert I have lost I would be sitting pretty. I know I do my best by my livestock...and I care. Clearly you do as well.

Keep your chin up...

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are trying to everything right with QT and taking your time. Even with the best processes you are going to lose stuff. happens. Like rooster said above, don’t let jerks get to you. Keep it up and from the way you are taking I bet you will have a beautiful tank down the road.

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Internet is full of turds. Wonder if it will let me type turds? Lol. There will alway be people who get off on putting others down and I’m sorry one of them targeted you. Sounds like you truly care about the fishes and have done a lot of research. That’s all anyone can ask of you. Hugs!

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much everyone I almost want to cry. My fish have become my family and I would never want to hurt them. I really am trying and determined. Chromis here In Ontario now prettt much get uronema but I’m trying and hopeful I will get get some to make it through qt. This year I had brook and velvet. I’m in Canada so I finally got copper and prazipro been doing pretty good so far. This guy said that my tanks weren’t cycled and that’s why my fish died. My frag tank that crashed last week week was 3-4 months old and my fish qt tank is bare bottom with the ammonia badge. I keep it spotless and even have 20 lbs of live rock in it to help with the bio filter at the moment

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all do our best with our tanks. Nobody knows everything.
Hopefully we learn from our mistakes.
Use these members to help.
Yes sir your right. This guy kept saying I didn’t listen and it goes in and out of my ears and I’m thick skulled but never gave any advice except a Facebook group that just sells old tanks and frags.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it wrong to post on YouTube about my failures? I was hoping to help others so they can learn from me?

Carpenter Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find the right person and hang on to them, like your pet's life depends on it. Today is a very strange time. You have some people that never expose themselves to the sun. Those are the people that shrivel up and become sour. Sometimes it is hard to blow those people off, realizing those are the unhealthy sourpusses in the world. Karma's a ***** and never forgets. I have a small friend base that I rely on for things. Doesn't matter what other people say or think about YOU, it is really only what you think about YOURSELF that really matters. My advice to you is to take a look in the mirror, if you like the person looking back at you, you are doing good today. But if YOU don't like that person looking back at YOU, CHANGE that ******* then. Well wishes

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new on here but can’t see any reason to justify the issues you have had with people. Sometimes people can just suck, try not to let it get to you. Like anyone else, you can only do the best to your ability and or budget. Hoping being on the forum will help increase my knowledge, hard to find accurate information on the internet sometimes. Been debating on getting a job at an lfs but not many around me.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear it. If you play with fire, expect to get burned once in a while.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rickybobby
Try to keep in mind that internet trolls are cowards. Just a jerk behind a keyboard who would never have the guts to say things to someone’s face. That person is a loser and don’t let him/her live “rent free inside your head”!
It sounds like you are very passionate about your tank and fish.
This forum is a community of great people who are willing to help you through these “ups and downs”. We’re all here for ya!

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Had a good sleep last night. Thanks all for the well wishes. Much appreciated. I will keep my chin up and carry on with the plan !

"One day I asked God to remove all the enemies from my life next thing I know I started losing friends" (Meek mills)

At the end of the day you got your own love to keep you going. We can encourage you and give you well wishes but when you take all that away its just you and the mirror. If you know you are doing your best then keep your head up and don't worry about the criticisms. Thats what people do try to make others feel crappy like them. Keep going man haters mean your doing things right.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the internet is full of trolls. You have to learn to just ignore them and move on. Or make a private group and have control over membership.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back