I really want a Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish.

nawilson89

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
509
Reaction score
44
Location
Tampa, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really, really want to add a fuzzy dwarf Lionfish to my 30g, I set out to do some research on it and I end up at a website I frequent (because it has really good info and I look at their fish quite often, lionfish lair). Stated on the quick stats for Fuzzy Dwarf "Although a little tight, a properly-aquascaped 30 gallon tank will house a single specimen". I'm hoping my aquascape is proper. Here's a look at it.


It's pretty much just macro algae, the photo is a few weeks old and now grape caulerpa takes over most of the rock with just the right right bare atm (hoping to fill that up with Pulsing Xenia).

Currently the inhabitants are:

3 belted sandfish, 3+ inches in length
2 mollies, can be moved if needed 2+ inches in length
1 Molly Miller Blenny, 4+ inches in length

Hermits and snails. No other inverts as the sandfish will eat anything else.

So I'm hoping this tank will be fine for one as it's a fish (that or a fu manchu) that I've wanted forever.

@Lionfish Lair , your assistance is needed!
 
I think you could have a dwarf lion in there without an issue. I have kept dwarf lions in multiple tanks and they are really cool fish.
 
I think you could have a dwarf lion in there without an issue. I have kept dwarf lions in multiple tanks and they are really cool fish.

That they are. I just want it to be happy. I think I may need to add a screen at the top also. Not sure if they are jumpers.
 
I never had an issue with them jumping before in my tanks but I always recommend a top of some kind as the one tank I did not have one on ended up having a bunch of other jumpers.
 
I never had an issue with them jumping before in my tanks but I always recommend a top of some kind as the one tank I did not have one on ended up having a bunch of other jumpers.

On memory I've never had a jumper, but I currently have a 1 year old daughter who touches everything. I'm just afraid of a the dwarf jumping and her beating me too it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new