I really wish....

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hobbyist that do not keep Acroporas would abstain from offering help in the “please help my acros” threads. I don’t know much about fish, lps, or shrooms etc, so I don’t try to offer any advice in those areas bc it will do more harm than good. Blind leading the blind so to speak. That’s all. Have a great Sunday everybody

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TOALLY AGREE! If you don’t have an actual answer or verifiable knowledge mind your own business! This is how so much flat out wrong information gets spread. Here’s my resume...

F4FC7F48-5B8B-45CC-B2A0-D1D2606C810D.jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I have seen some people that were the thought to be noobs come on sites and post some really cool experiences and perspectives. But I get what your saying I have seen a few people who probably haven’t even kept acros give some odd advice.
My advice to people searching for answers is to just take in all pieces of advice and research before doing anything. Even the best of us can mess things up.

What is wish is, that everyone would get on the same page about what a nub, frag, mini colony and colony are supposed to be size wise. And it’s not just here it’s everywhere. I see frags with growth starting or with two slight branches and the post is titled “mini colonies for sale”. Vendors, hobbiests, seems everyone is confused to what a mini colony should look like ;)

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has absolutely nothing to do with noobies and everything to do with comments that are typed for no their reason other than to waste electrons. It’s the replies that say “ I have no clue but maybe somebody else does and hopefully chimes in.” Gee thanks captain obvious, like to hear yourself talk much? The best is on the ID threads. With the exception of the 3-4 people here that know their game, the others are so far off the mark it’s embarrassing. Since when did speaking up when you have no idea what you are talking about become a thing, although given the current state of affairs maybe it is and I’m the one in the dark...

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Uh ok, here comes the mods to close this thread!
and the obligatory:
There will be no talking down to others on r2r, no matter how unhelpful and down right wrong their responses are.
I dont see any reply here talking down to anyone??

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one ever said don’t give certain advice. I said don’t give specific type of coral advice if you don’t have any experience with said coral type. There’s many ppl that don’t agree with the advice I give and many ppl I don’t agree with as well but I, and “most” of them prove that our advice works with pics of our success.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I dont understand compleatly what your saying.
I too have been looking for answers and get responces that are like
I have no idea but tag to follow.
Or some thought or direction that is way off base.

But get real,
This is a public forum and the members have the right to post here.
Ask questions and answer them.

If you ask a question in the general forum your going to get a mirad of answeres or advice.

So if your disatisfied then maybe you should do things differently.
If you get a response that may interest you but might be a bit off, can you not request the individuals history on his or her advice?
Can you not research the advice before implementation of that advice.

There are many forums here on R2R.
Go to that forum and seek the individual who runs that forum.
They are listed in the stickys at the top.
Message that person directly and dont ask your question in the general question pool of that forum.

Also by getting responces it bumps the thread and allows it to be seen by more people. possibly the right person with the right advice.

Sorry but I feel your being petty here as most of the membership is here to help not sabotage.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I dont understand compleatly what your saying.
I too have been looking for answers and get responces that are like
I have no idea but tag to follow.
Or some thought or direction that is way off base.

But get real,
Ask questions and answer them.

If you ask a question in the general forum your going to get a mirad of answeres or advice.

So if your disatisfied then maybe you should do things differently.
If you get a response that may interest you but might be a bit off, can you not request the individuals history on his or her advice?
Can you not research the advice before implementation of that advice.

There are many forums here on R2R.
Go to that forum and seek the individual who runs that forum.
They are listed in the stickys at the top.
Message that person directly and dont ask your question in the general question pool of that forum.

Also by getting responces it bumps the thread and allows it to be seen by more people. possibly the right person with the right advice.

Sorry but I feel your being petty here as most of the membership is here to help not sabotage.
Petty?? You think asking for experienced advice vs non experienced is petty?? Trivial?? Not important?? Well I think I’m being the complete opposite of petty, but you’re free to think whatever you want. Thanks for stopping by.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ah......no. This site is owned by somebody and they can edit / delete anything they wish. They may simply not choose to enforce it. In any respect, this site is not like a public sidewalk or newsgroup.

I'm also tired of the noob responses, which typically take the form of "what are your parameters" like an annoying script, to which the OP responds with water params that are completely within the growth range of SPS. To which the responder either doesn't respond, or responds with some absurdly trivial adjustment that's not relevant to the problem. Rinse / repeat.

The majority of hardcore SPS owners I know don't go near these forums simply because they have to wade through so many bad responses. Seems every guy with a biocube and half a dozen 1" SPS frags that haven't grown in 6months is an SPS expert.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha i kid. I get it. It all has its pros and cons. But I jave no idea lets hope someone else chimes in w a better answer.....

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back