I shrank my Trident

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jjb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
45
Location
Kirkland WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was tired of having to fiddle with the drawer to replace reagents, and the Trident was too loud at night, so I designed a new housing. It works great. Yes it'll void your warranty.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4937145
asOgqXJaVvQvD9P9aWxXQ_avfziQu1Jbm1CjyuRqHcKCDG-kFKNPolYmwxQ_VNgNtsO5t8Lg_xNibfWa1xPW9kMFF08LpMycFrs23F-3KFL_nctdd5FcrsuyROopcoE6NsAx_qe4-FVtxu-0ZPRORn0yiUcADk0MDKbEKu2WyueAz3JuK90qJ6UC6-lk8iLClYfatfO_NYPvtI3L8GvK3MdfLsbDH-mAYRkK0N6NGKESlaOsMYR1y3ZPyLewbErthZyVjR8PqwIkWrAfvs-cTH7sSzsSxwn-JVnJ4mNWKgFGBC90KL-_lUfqR5XQCFZtlndALbLFctvv-W4dcil8ATrQNY5IKVWE1spTAlnPAqWsm8iZLEsPJ57ltAk3rFY35gQxZq2NGnyK3P6kci_yTDMsRA8iYpCf1JpTQV1UBVMnjAiSCriATxfvAlJ_Yas2Fjqh72m66moulq-DHnsau1GBxYNxz80C-G28fSC86l0bcqn5n-zZkjLx9d8muMelemzEUpadXFP5FQowrDB1I6ccyy_3xfB2YQ_Pfr5UnuGcb0vl0H9-k2vKF8VdKyL59d8iaC3RxWOn0PVwRcNVEmPgfZUJ0_1sL-yTDWzL5Bc-S5loBVx63kprmBKq57dJTwcts-Q8M7xagnoUttiveknlmSh8k4NEllRnVi9ppqTpLYHidqZR504Ockwt38Zc1nfhu0C6URmSVq2bp9vE_99Y=w925-h1232-no
 
Yeah ik. But the trident's drawer isnt even that bad. But I see what you mean about the noise.

We're going to have to agree to disagree there. The drawer is a pain in the rear.
 
I was tired of having to fiddle with the drawer to replace reagents, and the Trident was too loud at night, so I designed a new housing. It works great. Yes it'll void your warranty.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4937145
asOgqXJaVvQvD9P9aWxXQ_avfziQu1Jbm1CjyuRqHcKCDG-kFKNPolYmwxQ_VNgNtsO5t8Lg_xNibfWa1xPW9kMFF08LpMycFrs23F-3KFL_nctdd5FcrsuyROopcoE6NsAx_qe4-FVtxu-0ZPRORn0yiUcADk0MDKbEKu2WyueAz3JuK90qJ6UC6-lk8iLClYfatfO_NYPvtI3L8GvK3MdfLsbDH-mAYRkK0N6NGKESlaOsMYR1y3ZPyLewbErthZyVjR8PqwIkWrAfvs-cTH7sSzsSxwn-JVnJ4mNWKgFGBC90KL-_lUfqR5XQCFZtlndALbLFctvv-W4dcil8ATrQNY5IKVWE1spTAlnPAqWsm8iZLEsPJ57ltAk3rFY35gQxZq2NGnyK3P6kci_yTDMsRA8iYpCf1JpTQV1UBVMnjAiSCriATxfvAlJ_Yas2Fjqh72m66moulq-DHnsau1GBxYNxz80C-G28fSC86l0bcqn5n-zZkjLx9d8muMelemzEUpadXFP5FQowrDB1I6ccyy_3xfB2YQ_Pfr5UnuGcb0vl0H9-k2vKF8VdKyL59d8iaC3RxWOn0PVwRcNVEmPgfZUJ0_1sL-yTDWzL5Bc-S5loBVx63kprmBKq57dJTwcts-Q8M7xagnoUttiveknlmSh8k4NEllRnVi9ppqTpLYHidqZR504Ockwt38Zc1nfhu0C6URmSVq2bp9vE_99Y=w925-h1232-no
Nice work!

Really like that you don’t have to worry about crimping the tubing from the reagents!

Could the cube be made smaller or are you restricted by the components?
 
I was tired of having to fiddle with the drawer to replace reagents, and the Trident was too loud at night, so I designed a new housing. It works great. Yes it'll void your warranty.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4937145
asOgqXJaVvQvD9P9aWxXQ_avfziQu1Jbm1CjyuRqHcKCDG-kFKNPolYmwxQ_VNgNtsO5t8Lg_xNibfWa1xPW9kMFF08LpMycFrs23F-3KFL_nctdd5FcrsuyROopcoE6NsAx_qe4-FVtxu-0ZPRORn0yiUcADk0MDKbEKu2WyueAz3JuK90qJ6UC6-lk8iLClYfatfO_NYPvtI3L8GvK3MdfLsbDH-mAYRkK0N6NGKESlaOsMYR1y3ZPyLewbErthZyVjR8PqwIkWrAfvs-cTH7sSzsSxwn-JVnJ4mNWKgFGBC90KL-_lUfqR5XQCFZtlndALbLFctvv-W4dcil8ATrQNY5IKVWE1spTAlnPAqWsm8iZLEsPJ57ltAk3rFY35gQxZq2NGnyK3P6kci_yTDMsRA8iYpCf1JpTQV1UBVMnjAiSCriATxfvAlJ_Yas2Fjqh72m66moulq-DHnsau1GBxYNxz80C-G28fSC86l0bcqn5n-zZkjLx9d8muMelemzEUpadXFP5FQowrDB1I6ccyy_3xfB2YQ_Pfr5UnuGcb0vl0H9-k2vKF8VdKyL59d8iaC3RxWOn0PVwRcNVEmPgfZUJ0_1sL-yTDWzL5Bc-S5loBVx63kprmBKq57dJTwcts-Q8M7xagnoUttiveknlmSh8k4NEllRnVi9ppqTpLYHidqZR504Ockwt38Zc1nfhu0C6URmSVq2bp9vE_99Y=w925-h1232-no
When I first got my trident second month I removed the cover and have been running it since without cover. This way I can close drawer and stick my fingers inside to move and make sure hoses do not pinch or kink
 
Nice work!

Really like that you don’t have to worry about crimping the tubing from the reagents!

Could the cube be made smaller or are you restricted by the components?
That's about as small as you can get without cutting anything. I made it so you can just put it back in the old case if you want to.


IMG_0211.jpg
 
That's really dope! Nice design!!
 
Much better looking , i will swap mine out in the near future. I don't care if the warranty is voided, half the time my Trident doesn't work.
Easy to take apart and fix.
 
This is absolutely sick! Huge fan! This will definitely save me a chunk of room in my extremely constrained current build. I will need to line up the bottles different, but that's no big deal!
 
Slick! Doesn’t look like it’ll poke your eye out :)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new