i think my shrimp is holding

beaner_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think my cleaner shrimp is holding. what do you guys think?
0215111900-03.jpg

0215111900-04.jpg

Attachments

• 0215111900-02.jpg
    0215111900-02.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 164

Uninja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have researched this before and everywhere they say that its very hard if not impossible but things u do need to make sure of (if u want to attempt) is separating them and out them into a different tank so that ure fish dont eat them and other stuff like that. also need a sponge filter or a filter like that so they dont get sucked into the filtration system. the people at the fish store i went to gave us this green stuff so that they could have a place for.. shelter (i think) but i tried researching again and the main things that are the problem is that they get stung by...hydroids and also u need to get some really small food for them to eat because they are super tiny. one person talked about making cultures. im not sure if it will help but i believe i summarizes some of the basic things

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty cool. The only thing that lay eggs in my tank were some snails and AEFW. The snails I didn't mind.

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the green hue is usually the give away... if you plan to rear them it is a lot of work but if they make it they can stand to make you a significant amount of $$ i got peppermint shrimp to last to about day 12-14 then the next morn they were all dead. i used green water and i probably should have used live rotifers also but hindsight is always 20/20

OP
OP
B

beaner_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cant take the eggs away from the shrimp, there in the abdomen section i would have to wait till they hatch to remove them from the tank. ill probably buy a small 10 gallon tank and a sponge filter.

Uninja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cant take the eggs away from the shrimp, there in the abdomen section i would have to wait till they hatch to remove them from the tank. ill probably buy a small 10 gallon tank and a sponge filter.

one they are super small and are hatched at night. so i am not sure how you would be able to do that but a way that worked for me is to separate the mom into the tank before they hatch and then move her back after (i hear she might eat them if u leave her there with them)

i wish u luck. and if u do find a way to keep them alive, please, share ure notes :0

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used a giant syringe (60cc) but instead used a piece of airline tubing over the needle and sucked them up, worked great for me.... when mine hatched you could hear the shrimp popping on top of the water (just like when your fishing) she was going crazy, so i turned the light on and saw all the babies and went to work syphoning

OP
OP
B

beaner_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks hyprviperx for the input i do have some big siringes that i use to dip magnesium or other things to the tank.

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no prob i think i misworded that.... i meant to say i use the airline tubing instead of the needle not over... didnt want to give the impression the needle was still there

OP
OP
B

beaner_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wheres the thread? i know it didnt have the needle. i got home and notice they havent hactch ill try to grab as many as i can.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back