I though Skunk Clowns where suppose to be nice!

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my reef tank I have two Skunk Clowns and in my Fiancé's FOWLR tank I have two false percs. I have heard from many people that Skunk Clowns where some of the nicest clowns out there. Some people say if you get 3 at the same time they will live with each other. Well my false percs are great no problems with them. My skunks will bite the crap out of you if you put your hand int he tank anywhere. It does not matter where you put your hand as long as it is in water. The female use to slap me with her tail fin. Now full on bitting. Granted she is only like 3 inches so it does not draw blood or really even hurt. But when you forget about it and she bites you it catches you off guard. Sorry I had to vent because she did it tonight and a made I frag out of an orange cap because I forgot about her......lol

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I had one years ago and he was the meanest SOB I've ever owned. No clown fish for me anymore....lol. Sorry to hear you're having the same problem...they are just so territorial.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, Andrew I think they were referring to them being nice with kin lol your not kin to them, I used to have fire clowns and I swear that biatch would come out of the water she bit me so hard

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well at least she is nice to the hectors goby. She has never once gone after another fish. I mean he is only likean inch long been in there for 8 months never touched him. I don't know if you remember these two skunks they sat at the store you worked at for about 2 or 3 months before i snagged them up. I think you where still there. yeah because it was like a year ago.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All clownfish can be just as mean as MAroons.Ty feeding her more.Always calmed my Maroons down when I had them.

I

inactive

View Badges
You have to smack them in the head with a baster and say: "Hey! That's a bad clownfish... you get the heck back in your nem!"

It actually works, my PSC is super chill now.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back