I thought I had a build thread maybe not

Other than having elevated ammonia . And zero nitrates . I would only assume that this tank hasn’t fully cycled .
but …. The algae suggests otherwise .
Its Cycled took 2 months and processed 5ppm of ammonia in 24 hours but thanks for input
 
Get rid of those api test, asap. Buy salifert at the minimum. I've had too many times with bad or way off results with api to trust it anymore.

If those numbers are as said above, you may have a somewhat hung cycle. I'm still sticking with you need some diversified bac.
Interesting I have heard that. Actually wondered how many people take their time with tests . I thought I had it correct as to properly fill a test tube. Was a good video. Showed how if you don't hold the tube at eye level you will misread it. Also have to be pretty careful to put in proper amount of the fluids
 
One thing. Still wondering about green algae on the rocks. I have never seen that type before. As I said has bubbles on it, Wondering how much of a concern
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new