Ice Cap Battery Backup Compatible Powerhead/Gyre

ncfalco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
124
Reaction score
62
Location
Savannah
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for an inexpensive (<$200) power head or gyre pump that will work with an Ice Cap DC battery backup 12-24v system version 1. I have a JBJ 45 gallon AIO tank that came with these batteries. Any suggestions?
 
I would try to look for a used Octopulse 2. Awesome, quiet, powerful (way stronger than GPH rating), and reliable pump. I have one with the same battery backup and it should work for you too.
 
Thanks @JaaxReef. What pump controller are you using? From my understanding that needs to be compatible as well.
 
Thanks @JaaxReef. What pump controller are you using? From my understanding that needs to be compatible as well.
Just using the controller that it came with. I don’t have the new WiFi version, just the old school one. Works perfectly with the battery. I don’t think the Hydros works with the battery if you went that route.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new