Ice Cap in sump UVs

Char.toombes

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2021
Messages
68
Reaction score
85
Location
Clovis,
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has any real tangible experience with these newer Ice cap in sump UVs, specifically the 18W & 27W models? I am building a UNS R90 setup and would like to add a UV but after ordering and realizing how big a 27W high output UV is and its plumbing needs, these look way more attractive. I’d assuming I’d have to run the main pump in the skimmer section w/ return into the return chamber.

Any input is appreciated
 
Well, I bought a 27w and was using it for over two month and I love it but the pump had a short circuit and tripped the breaker living the system without power for almost 4 hours. Almost lost everything. Now I have to look for another pump alternative to replace the one that burns.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new