Reviews ice cap drop in uv?

  • Thread starter Thread starter loganjude
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Installed one earlier this year on a second hand tank with an ick issue. I've opened up the uv sterilizer a couple times since this year to service it. So far each time I've found a large deposit of calcium just inside the neck where the bulb housing/sleeve starts, it's more then enough to affect the flow rate. I initially tried to dail it in with a couple of buckets and a timer while marking the valve position to stay close to that range. Something worked for me during this process, not sure how exactly. Whether the reduced flow from calcium buildup or because I dailed it in so perfectly but the tank seems to be free of pest. We added an Achilles a month ago and didn't have one hickup during that process which wasn't exactly smooth. I'd say for now it's a win.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new