Ice cap sump question

scooterh928

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2024
Messages
140
Reaction score
91
Location
Merkel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up new tank and acquired an ice cap 24 sump. Middle section is for skimmer. But instead of putting skimmer could I just raise baffle up to 9 and just make it a Refugium. Dumb question I know and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work but just curious if anyone has done or seen it done.
 
yes, you can certainly do that. I run a skimmerless sump on my frag tank, works great:

1727795111772.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new