OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, I agree. CoralVue provides excellent service and replacements are quick too as I had some auto aqua equipment go bad and replacement came very quick! I should check my firmware version though as it is strange because I set the max flow to be no more then 30% and it goes to 45 - 50%... sounds to be a software issue.

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, I agree. CoralVue provides excellent service and replacements are quick too as I had some auto aqua equipment go bad and replacement came very quick! I should check my firmware version though as it is strange because I set the max flow to be no more then 30% and it goes to 45 - 50%... sounds to be a software issue.
So this confused me too at first. But if you set the pump it’s self to only go up to 65% you can have the pump wave mode (Presets- day- night) go from 0-100 but that 100 will be 65%. So 45-50 is really 45-50% of what ever the max power level that the pump is restricted too.
2ED3DE63-4A3F-486B-B835-7EBE8407F7B1.jpeg
FC9C8D78-5A57-4C1C-9031-D9C8AF47AB63.jpeg

swiss1939

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning on installing a gyre type wave maker in my Red Sea Max 250. Originally I was going to give the new reef wave a try, but seen a bad review regarding the need to do a firmware upgrade on the device before it even worked. Apparently took this individual half day to get it to work. But I like the controller on the reef wave way more then the Ice Cap. Just curious if anyone had issues with the new red sea reef wave - or if they are happy and/or dissatisfied with IceCap. The one complaint I see with the IceCap is no possible way to turn off on the controller (i.e. for feeding)... so need to do this from the phone on the IceCap.

Thanks!
The only pain was connecting it to WiFi if you have a fancy router with QoS. Then getting the firmware to update. Once you get past that it's a great gyre! I've been using it for two months and it's silent and powerful. Reefbeat app could be better but is sufficient. Physical controller is nice too. I just wish the reverse flow was equally as strong as forward flow.

But you got the icecap for cheaper. Hopefully that is good. Curious how the reverse flow strength is on the ice cap.

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only pain was connecting it to WiFi if you have a fancy router with QoS. Then getting the firmware to update. Once you get past that it's a great gyre! I've been using it for two months and it's silent and powerful. Reefbeat app could be better but is sufficient. Physical controller is nice too. I just wish the reverse flow was equally as strong as forward flow.

But you got the icecap for cheaper. Hopefully that is good. Curious how the reverse flow strength is on the ice cap.
The reverse flow is pretty good, not as strong as forward flow but it’s more diffuse so that’s probably why. I have a single 2k gyre on my 90 gallon peninsula tank and it’s restricted to only 65% flow which is still boarding on too strong for some of my LPS in the tank. The reverse flow will reach about half the length of the tank, so it doesn’t really create a full reverse gyre effect. But it does break up dead spots quite nicely. My complaint is that reverse flow is noisy compared to forward flow which is dead silent.

Seaspirit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set the IceCaps to shut off (or nearly off, if you like) automatically at feeding time. Only problem I have with mine (I have two of the 4k’s) is one of them is blowing microbubbles, which is apparently a problem others sometimes report as well. Don’t think they’ve fixed this issue and it’s a mystery to me.

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the reefwave pumps. I have had zero issues with them. I have one on each end, paired with 2 mp40wqd. The reef waves are significantly quieter, and I can barely hear the mp40s.

Pshopcars107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for an old thread but same situation.

Torn between the new 4k Icecap with wifi or the Reefwave 45 from RedSea. for me, noise is the biggest concern because the tank is in the kitchen/Livingroom area of my house.

is the Reefwave worth $60 more than the Icecap?

MJV15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x 2k gyre and I’m about to upgrade to the 4K. I have a 180g peninsula in my great room. I spend a lot of quite time around my tank and the only time I can even hear my gyres is when they haven’t been cleaned in a few months and they running at 100%. How ever at least with the 2k the reverse is almost always too noisy so I don’t us it. But I have a very quite tank. The loudest part of my tank is the skimmer. And it’s really not loud at all I can just tell when it turns on or off.

I can’t speak on the redsea but the icecap 2k is very quite. I’ll have my 4ks in a few weeks then I’ll update if they are any louder.

Also, I have the hydros control4 for my tank so I like that I can use one app to monitor my tank and control the Gyres. So if a controller is in your future might be a point to consider.

cogenplant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the noise level on the icecap 2k? I am looking at getting a duel set up, still debating on the 2k or 4k and putting on at each end of my RS 350. Currently running the loop pumps so anything is an upgrade. I keep getting conflicting information, some places say 1 pump is enough, others say I need 2 pumps. RS says I need two of their small ones but I am guessing they just want me to spend more money =)
1 is enough for 350

Back