Icecap 4k controller rally...Help support Reverse!

Tampaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Icecap 4k line of pumps are incredible! They are dead silent. I have the dual controller setup with a 4k on each end of a 6' 150g tank. My rock work was designed with these in mind and I honestly don't have 1 dead spot in the tank....if and when I put the pumps in reverse and at 100%.
There are no settings to run the pumps only in reverse at certain times of the day. Although not included, with enough triggers you can create your own "nutrient export" mode and etc. But, the pumps and triggers for all modes/presets are tied either together with or without reverse.
We would love more built in wave programs for these great pumps. But someone like myself does not need a Wave Engine... because I only own and need your pumps...why limit my ability to use them
I just want independent reverse!!

Please help me relay this message to CoralVue.

Carols and Jeff both stated that with enough support, they will try and add the features into the next update.

They suggested FB replies to have the most exposure I presume. So tell them that you would like at least a separate reverse with the dual pump controller and then any other built in wave presets. A Better product with even equal software means a win for all! (Looking at you Vortech)

Join the 4k Gyre rally
Thanks,
Charlie

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having used multiple gyres since the original XF150, I've found reverse to be completely useless as a real world feature, and possibly attribute to premature failures on the original series motor blocks at least (anecdotal, but, I do feel it contributed).

That said, it should be a feature that if enough want it, be enabled. You will however not see independant profiles (beyond "anti-sync" mode) per pump on the IC2GC, that's a hard feature lock.

OP
OP
T

Tampaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That be perfect. Just give me the option to blow it out in reverse once in a while.
I'm not looking for the pumps to do anything but sync or anti...thats the only real way to develop a true gyre. Or reverse gyre!

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having used multiple gyres since the original XF150, I've found reverse to be completely useless as a real world feature, and possibly attribute to premature failures on the original series motor blocks at least (anecdotal, but, I do feel it contributed).

That said, it should be a feature that if enough want it, be enabled. You will however not see independant profiles (beyond "anti-sync" mode) per pump on the IC2GC, that's a hard feature lock.

See Kyl, I'm in the exact opposite camp that I find the reverse function pretty much indispensable. I have a mixed reef tank with SPS on the tops of my rock and LPS out towards the sides of the tank and bottom.

I have bubble corals on the left side of my tank in a low flow area that is directly underneath my IceCap 4k Gyre. Unlike most people, I am using 2x different sized gyres, the 4k and 2k respectfully - on opposite sides of the tank.

With my 2k pushing water to the left, I can give flow to SPS on that side but the 2k isn't powerful enough that it will disturb the bubble coral on the left side of the tank under the 4k.

In order to keep the tank clean I need to run a reverse function on my 4k which will lift detritus and other things trapped on the left side of the tank, this works wonderfully for me.

The problem is that I can't make a separate program just for the reverse, it's bothersome.

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also Kyl, the part about the reverse function causing premature wear just doesn't sound feasible to me. I'm not an electric motor expert but do have a background in engineering and can see no reason why switching electrical polarity on what I assume is an electric DC motor would cause any type of problematic wear.

OP
OP
T

Tampaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine run 65% forward and 80% reverse on each 4k with one set opposite and a sine wave creating great alternating gyres. I just want full reverse for 5 min a day if I decide to. Or a homemade nutrient export preset that doesn't go in reverse set to 100% to blow stuff out, etc..

FuzzeWuzze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeff@CoralVue

I realize im late to the party, but yes please make this happen.
I also have 2 2k gyre's and cant stand that they must be synchronized without using some external input. Why cant I take 1 pump face it right, have it run for 30 minutes with the other one off, then run the pump facing left and run it 30 minutes with with the other one off, then run both at various speeds to create moving points of turbulence like talked about by BRSTv here

The fact the only way to do this seems to be to run an Apex or some other 3rd party controller makes zero sense, the wifi controller should be able to do this but its not possible. Right now i have to hack around it by using A and B fins and doing an alternating gyre, but this limits my pump to half its power and just creates clockwise gyre in the back and then a counterclockwise gyre in the front.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back