IceCap gyre wifi issues

Anihiel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought 2 icecap gyres. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but the dual pump controller will not connect via 5g wifi, only 2.5g. Most new home wifi networks are 5g. So of course, I couldn't connect.
Workaround- I got it running by a wifi hotspot on an extra phone. Then much to my glee, I discovered it will connect even if the hotspot is on the same phone as the app.
Hope this helps somebody!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought 2 icecap gyres. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but the dual pump controller will not connect via 5g wifi, only 2.5g. Most new home wifi networks are 5g. So of course, I couldn't connect.
Workaround- I got it running by a wifi hotspot on an extra phone. Then much to my glee, I discovered it will connect even if the hotspot is on the same phone as the app.
Hope this helps somebody!
I communicate with mine using bluetooth but maybe I needed to know above back when I got them. Lucky for me I've got both speeds in house... my default is 5g (who doesn't want to go faster) so perhaps that was my problem.This is a great tip! I'll have to give it a try again - always nice to have options (and it likes to default back to wifi all the time anyhow so it would overall work nicer)

Back