Icecap program suggestions?

hqaquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Gyre Icecap 4K Flow Pumps setup, one on each side of the tank. Wondering what ya'll think are good parameters for my setup.
  • 75 gallon long (48 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 21 3/8)
  • SPS dominant
  • One Hydror Koralia Evolution 1150, always on, pushing water across the back of the tank
  • all rock is setup in the middle of the tank for optimal water movement in front and behind scape
Here are Screenshots of my setup now
IMG_0786.PNG

IMG_0787.PNG

IMG_0788.PNG

IMG_0789.PNG

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest changing your low-speed rage on the Default Day Preset to 1% instead of 0. 0 = the pump will turn OFF. Also, your cycle duration is low but that may be on purpose. Right now if your interval is 46 seconds, that means the left pump will ramp up for 23 seconds while the right pump slows down and then, the right pump will slow down for 23 seconds while the left pump slows down.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Carlos@CoralVue Going to jump in a bit since it does affect the question above. Can you explain how the min % in the pump setup affects overall pump flow % listed when a profile is in use?

IE. a gyre is set to operate between 25-100%. For simplicity sake lets say that means it runs between 25 and 100 RPM. If you run a profile calling for 1% speed, what would the pump physically run at? 25RPM?

If so, has there been any thought to changing the logic to reflect the hard min/max, instead of running as a percentage of said min/max?

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PRESET range is always WITHIN the pump screen range.

So say in the pump screen, the range is 25%-75%
That means that in the PRESET, the speed range, 1% = 25% and 100% = 75%. 0% means the pump is OFF.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so it does operate that way, thanks, just wanted to make sure.

OP
OP
H

hqaquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest changing your low-speed rage on the Default Day Preset to 1% instead of 0. 0 = the pump will turn OFF. Also, your cycle duration is low but that may be on purpose. Right now if your interval is 46 seconds, that means the left pump will ramp up for 23 seconds while the right pump slows down and then, the right pump will slow down for 23 seconds while the left pump slows down.

Thanks for the reply!! I updated my daytime preset.

46 seconds is basically the time I can see the wave being generated from one side and hitting the next side. Should I be adjusting it for longer periods?

My tank is mostly all SPS (18+ species) with some zoas, 1 frogspawn which is hide behind a rock to avoid some of the flow, rock flower and a few shrooms.

The speed range is set to as high and I can get It without blowing sand all over the place. 70%

70% of 4k = 2800gph X2
Syncra 5.0 Return Pump = 1321gph
Hydor Evo for the back wall = 1150gph
Coralvue 150 Skimmer = 198gph

Total volume is roughly 90gallons

Turn over rate = 92x

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back