Icecap uv sterilizer 27watt

  • Thread starter Thread starter geko522
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

geko522

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2024
Messages
139
Reaction score
49
Location
Boynton Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to find solid information on setting the flow rate of my uv sterilizer to control algae. Should I follow the manufacturer instructions? Some say they are B.S. not sure what to do. Right now I did the bucket method and filled a one gallon jug and it took 8 seconds. I have 4 feet head pressure

120g - 60x18x25
40g breeder sump
Icecap uv sterilizer 27watt
1000017141.jpg
 
Put the UV on and see what the tank looks like tomorrow. What kind of algae are you dealing with?
If it’s green water the UV can help that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new