ICH , flukes , velvet please identify

tezaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there please look at the video

I had my YT with countless white spot on fins body and some on eyes , eating but scratching twitching and hiding.
Made me feel that this was a Velvet.

I quickly remove him from DT and made a H2O2 bath (with salt water) which I saw
The white particles drop off !!!
The bucket bottom was full like undissolved salt !
Anyways I put him + all the fishes into a HT with chloroquine sulfate /PLAQUENIL there's no white spots this day two , he doesn't eat thought but swimming slowly and "asks" for chromes to clean him they act like doctor. ( I repeat no white spots after H2O2 bath)

So I wonder now if it was flukes , what is the correct way to proceed. Because I am following the procedure of velvet.

Attachments

• VID_20220907_210939(0).mp4
    81.8 MB
Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Was the video taken before or after the dip?
What was the dose of the H2O2 dip?
What is the concentration of chloroquine you are using?
Do any other fish have symptoms?

The spots look too large and the breathing rate is too slow to be velvet/Amyloodinium. Flukes rarely cause distinct white spots, so pending your answers to the above questions, I would say this is marine Ich, Cryptocaryon.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agree with Jay on ich likely and fish also appears to be pale suggesting vitamin deficiency. The stomach looks slightly pinched. Shimmer from lights make it hard to really see the fishs' body
What foods are you feeding it ?

OP
OP
T

tezaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the Quick Response
Was the video taken before or after the dip?
(This Video Was Yesterday BEFORE DIp)

What was the dose of the H2O2 dip?
(in One Liter of Salt water i added 5 ml of H2O2)

What is the concentration of chloroquine you are using?
( if i understand the question correctly i added 2 pills of 200mg each so i added 400mg of chloroquine into 40Liters Hospital tank )

Do any other fish have symptoms?
(No the other fish (two chromes) have no symptoms and they are new addiction 2 weeks or so, However i had a convict tang , that was full of ick after my 3 week vacation , i didnt try to do anything thought , i left him for about a month , i removed him recently his skin was decolored or slime like for a medication care but he passed away) so i guess he is responsible for the YT.

OP
OP
T

tezaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the fish right now , as you can see no spots or anything.
I have seachem cupramine and copper test In order to change the therapy if its not velvet

OP
OP
T

tezaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with Jay on ich likely and fish also appears to be pale suggesting vitamin deficiency. The stomach looks slightly pinched. Shimmer from lights make it hard to really see the fishs' body
What foods are you feeding it ?
I feed nori with garlic and he likes also pellets ocean nutrition , as I can tell camera and lights makes him look pale

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed nori with garlic and he likes also pellets ocean nutrition , as I can tell camera and lights makes him look pale

The concern I have is with the chloroquine dose. I don't know if the pills you are using have any inactive ingredients (binders, etc.) Even if it is pure Chloroquine, you are only at 10 mg/l. Most common doses for chloroquine are more like around 15 mg/l. If your pills are, say, 30% binder, you actual chloroquine dose is even lower.

Jay

OP
OP
T

tezaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each pill contains 200 mg of chloroquine.
16628381860397835468093377670457.jpg

The good news is that the fish is eating not scratching any more .
I Made cocktail of Artemia with garlic juice and multivitamin drops.
So far so good , the skin is clear , the moral is getting higher , he moves fast etc.

OP
OP
T

tezaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok , so
after countless hours of reading and watching the video in the first post again and again , i think is Flukes.
as i said after the first FW dip the white little things (sugar size) on fins body eyes , etc came of Instantly lots of them.

i made at least 4 baths in a period of 5 days,
i have a feeling that the plaquenil didnt do much for the fish.

i still see some flashing/twitching , with his body perfect and eating everything .
what can i add to his food to help him
(Prazipro is not option i cant find it )

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok , so
after countless hours of reading and watching the video in the first post again and again , i think is Flukes.
as i said after the first FW dip the white little things (sugar size) on fins body eyes , etc came of Instantly lots of them.

i made at least 4 baths in a period of 5 days,
i have a feeling that the plaquenil didnt do much for the fish.

i still see some flashing/twitching , with his body perfect and eating everything .
what can i add to his food to help him
(Prazipro is not option i cant find it )

Since the YT is in a treatment tank, you could also try hyposalinity. That will work for flukes AND ich, so would be worth a try I think. Here is a link to a discussion about that:

Jay

Back