Ich in my 120 display tank

rowhockey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2024
Messages
60
Reaction score
10
Location
ottawa
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on my journey of reefing I have come into ich in my display tank its a 100 display 40 gallon sump. I'm currently dosing h2o2 and running uv to manage it I don't have any other tanks to quarantine fish in. I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to prevent the loss of fish
 
So on my journey of reefing I have come into ich in my display tank its a 100 display 40 gallon sump. I'm currently dosing h2o2 and running uv to manage it I don't have any other tanks to quarantine fish in. I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to prevent the loss of fish
Peroxide is an oxidizer and wont do a thing as ich management in this case is a short cut and UV unit will not erase ich but address what passes through the sleeve and will break down peroxide.
Your chosice is Hyposalinity ( salinity at 1.009) IF . . you Dot have inverts or coral). If you do - You must quarantine and advised is coppersafe at treatment level 2.25. Please posts pics or video under bright white light intensity to confirm ich.
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store, a rubbermaid style tub or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
 
Peroxide is an oxidizer and wont do a thing as ich management in this case is a short cut and UV unit will not erase ich but address what passes through the sleeve and will break down peroxide.
Your chosice is Hyposalinity ( salinity at 1.009) IF . . you Dot have inverts or coral). If you do - You must quarantine and advised is coppersafe at treatment level 2.25. Please posts pics or video under bright white light intensity to confirm ich.
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a tank from a second hand store, a rubbermaid style tub or a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials. I have a small bucket I can do copper in how long should I leave him in copper?
 
So on my journey of reefing I have come into ich in my display tank its a 100 display 40 gallon sump. I'm currently dosing h2o2 and running uv to manage it I don't have any other tanks to quarantine fish in. I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to prevent the loss of fish

It depends on how advanced the infection is, but if you caught it early enough, you might be able to try some other "ich management" techniques. Here is a post I made about that:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ich-management.1028274/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new