Softpaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emoji25.png
anyone ever revive a fish

Yes, I have revived a couple fish using Cupramine, however I also lost two of my Tangs while treating.

The fish that were infected bad with Crypto died. I didn't get the QT set up in time. the fish that had minimal signs have revived in the past 30 days and are getting plumpy.

On another note: Get a good copper tester. I OD'd mine the first time without knowing what the heck I was doing.

OP
OP
hippiefish1104

hippiefish1104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ich to me. Additional, I see discoloration on the body of the fish that is larger in diameter than ich and are flushed vs raised salt crystals that are visible on his tail.

Others please chime in... but I would definitely prep up to treat for ich. If you act fast while the fish is eating your chances look good. Also give him a really good feeding now and help keep his immune system strong. That can help to fight off ich temporarily while you set up.

I also mentioned above about cupramine and slowly add to therapeutic levels for 4 weeks minimum, 76 days fallow in display.

bc6c3e3f22f74240e05b4db93aa11657.jpg

Put him in a small qt tank with bubbler and min filtration and food Hyposalinity. Have to get medicine tomorrow as I only have ich x

Softpaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a fallow stage now, however I saw the progression of ick in my display.
Over half way there.

Are you doing anything to your display after exposing it for two hours? I'm not sure what I would do????

OP
OP
hippiefish1104

hippiefish1104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a fallow stage now, however I saw the progression of ick in my display.
Over half way there.

Are you doing anything to your display after exposing it for two hours? I'm not sure what I would do????

That is a question that I am trying to answer myself. It has been fallow for 23 days. I’m wondering if that mere exposure means a full restart

Softpaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well ****.

If your already that far it would be silly not to finish the complete 70 or whateverthehellmanydays.

OP
OP
hippiefish1104

hippiefish1104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
67BF2A46-1580-4B0F-955F-0A28DCA06BCE.jpeg

Here are a few of my ****** off fish. Under the plastic thing is a really angry keyhole angel.

Haha fish don’t like the fallow idea either. At least my angel is calmly moving all her food pellets to the whiskey barrel house. Making the most of her illness and ugly refuge tank.[emoji23]
066e5744c120a46fc2d5a12a5a245b11.jpg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich is a definite possibility, especially if you were seeing the white spots. I’d also like to cover the possibility of secondary infection with those blotches.

You’ll need a bare-bones QT... no live rock or sand. Definitely no corals or inverts.

I would recommend treating like you would for marine velvet. You’ve already done a freshwater dip, so I wouldn’t do another and risk stressing her too much... but I would give her an antiseptic bath prior to transfer to QT.

Acriflavine is my bath of choice, as it also has anti-parasitic properties. Ruby reef rally and API Fungus cure are both good sources. Treat in a separate container (I use a 5-gallon bucket, with an air-bubbler and small heater)

After that, I would pre-dose the QT with kanaplex (antibiotic) and start ramping up copper. I’ve gone up to .2 Cupramine in the first day, and it’s been recommended to start at 1.0 with chelated copper if you decide to use Copper Power. Make sure the test kit you are using is compatible with your copper of choice, or get a Hanna checker.

Over the next few days slowly add copper until you get to .5 ionic (or 1.75-2.0 chelated).

I would also try to source metroplex and furan-2 to have on hand, just in case the kanaplex can not handle the infection, or new symptoms arise.

I think there is a *slight* chance could be early brook (btw regardless the clowns will need treated also since they shared a tank) but most likely it ich or velvet and a secondary bacterial infection.

I hope that helps, good luck!

OP
OP
hippiefish1104

hippiefish1104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich is a definite possibility, especially if you were seeing the white spots. I’d also like to cover the possibility of secondary infection with those blotches.

You’ll need a bare-bones QT... no live rock or sand. Definitely no corals or inverts.

I would recommend treating like you would for marine velvet. You’ve already done a freshwater dip, so I wouldn’t do another and risk stressing her too much... but I would give her an antiseptic bath prior to transfer to QT.

Acriflavine is my bath of choice, as it also has anti-parasitic properties. Ruby reef rally and API Fungus cure are both good sources. Treat in a separate container (I use a 5-gallon bucket, with an air-bubbler and small heater)

After that, I would pre-dose the QT with kanaplex (antibiotic) and start ramping up copper. I’ve gone up to .2 Cupramine in the first day, and it’s been recommended to start at 1.0 with chelated copper if you decide to use Copper Power. Make sure the test kit you are using is compatible with your copper of choice, or get a Hanna checker.

Over the next few days slowly add copper until you get to .5 ionic (or 1.75-2.0 chelated).

I would also try to source metroplex and furan-2 to have on hand, just in case the kanaplex can not handle the infection, or new symptoms arise.

I think there is a *slight* chance could be early brook (btw regardless the clowns will need treated also since they shared a tank) but most likely it ich or velvet and a secondary bacterial infection.

I hope that helps, good luck!

Thank you

OP
OP
hippiefish1104

hippiefish1104

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angel fish still in qt doing better. I see a lot less spots than before. She’s still eating and swimming.
IMG_1118.JPG
57954850689__F0CF14BF-C2B1-4759-BFE2-F4ECB071F5F6.JPG
57954847247__B6910430-E112-4709-9F87-6DE9FA166C60.JPG

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back to using strictly copper. I had issues other methods.. now that Hanna has a check for Copper .. just my 2cents... kinda a game changer for me.. I am back to doing copper and dead on with levels in my QT... I use copper. I have put through some nice fairy wrasses and other sensitive fish without issue now that i have accurate testing. Just my recommendation.. Glad to hear the Angle is doing better

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back