Ich returns after 76 day fallow

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link was funny huh haha just goes to show where the winning vote lies but you want to still argue so....
I have 8 fish in 2 QTs. But even if I did have just the one that would still be all it takes for someone to start trying. to try your hand at being a responsible pet owner. If they had shots for fish like cats and dogs QT wouldn’t seem so barbaric to some. Fact is we are doing the best we can from the hand we’ve been dealt and everyone else either has excuses or is to scared to step up. There’s no need to argue dude. you yourself said it even you QT. What’s left to argue here?

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link was funny huh haha just goes to show where the winning vote lies but you want to still argue so....
I have 8 fish in 2 QTs. But even if I did have just the one that would still be all it takes for someone to start trying. to try your hand at being a responsible pet owner. If they had shots for fish like cats and dogs QT wouldn’t seem so barbaric to some. Fact is we are doing the best we can from the hand we’ve been dealt and everyone else either has excuses or is to scared to step up. There’s no need to argue dude. you yourself said it even you QT. What’s left to argue here?

My head hurts. Re-read my initial posts for my argument.

I am done.

Last edited by a moderator:

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My head hurts. Re-read my initial posts for my argument.

I am done.
So you don’t like copper but you will drink prazi?? I’m losing you here Marc. WHY WOULD YOU EAT COPPER?? Hahaha I’m done too bud see ya around

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Rick Cavanaugh

Rick Cavanaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the Powder blue....

the "spots" disappeared after several days, which is expected with ich. What was not expected, they have not returned. No other fish in the tank has gotten any spots. I still think it was a parasite. However, since none died, I was unable to get a microscopic photo of what it was. The first go around with ich pretty much killed the fish in 2 weeks. They quickly went from healthy to covered in 1 week. Many of these fish were in this tank for 10 years with no disease.

Now that the discussion has gone sideway on this thread I want to clarify some things. This tank was ich free for 10 plus years. I added some snails without QT and I feel this started the whole thing. Recently, in my area, I know of several tanks that have been wiped of almost all fish due to ich. There seems to be a more deadly variety going around and after witnessing this kill about 300 fish in a public aquarium I volunteer at (tank diver) as well as several friends tanks, I feel it is important to do your best to go fallow and then QT everything as not all ich varities can easily be managed. I know many who will go that route, that is their choice. My choice is to have an ich free system.

I am very aware of cross contamination and how to sanitize things. I was pretty anal about this. However, something happened. Was it ich or just a spastic tang that injuried itself on the rocks? I may never know as I tried a fish trap to get him out and he fell for that trick once before the fallow. He would not go near it so he is still in the tank with no signs of any ich.

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add to your discussion. I pulled 7 fish from my display due to ich. 4 have died in copper treatment hospital tank. I don’t I own if it’s due to my inexperience, other internal parasites/diseases or the copper itself but it sucked losing those fish. I will continue to QT but I’m going to need to refine my process.

Mandalorian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be soooooo P.O.'ed I swear it up non-stop for 5 minutes in French Québecois.

I did 2.5 months, such a pain, as my 30g with 20g of water needed a WC every 2-3 days of 5g, emptied the Cupramine bottle rather quick. I had to reduce the total water in the QT to make it last long enough.

My the copper treatment wasn't long enough in the QT?

Man I would be so angry. Feel sorry for you.
Tabernac :p jk lolz

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back