Ich?

FishSmyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I recently purchased this coral beauty angelfish and noticed these raised white spots above the eye. The fish was previously treated with copper at the fish store but is now in a quarantine with prazipro. As far as I can tell he is not in distress and I have not noticed any flashing. Eyes also seem to be clear. He has not eaten since bringing him home on Saturday. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great! Thanks.

129DE2A5-6DA6-4B29-BE4A-B2547BC94EA2.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Those two spots seem too large to be ich, but it is possible. The trick is to watch to see if new ones develop, or if these drop off. If these are in the same place for longer than 36 hours, it is unlikely to be ich.
More importantly, you need to figure out why the fish isn’t eating. Check the link to the file below my name here, it gives examples of additional information we need to try and figure out what’s going on with your fish.
Jay

OP
OP
FishSmyth

FishSmyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the reply! Now it appears that it has lost one of the spots and another has appeared this time on the back fin. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• E757B61E-F43F-4B9A-B4AB-0EAB06470D23.jpeg
    E757B61E-F43F-4B9A-B4AB-0EAB06470D23.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 31

JamesRPaquette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it? I doubt that the LFS was treating at therapeutic copper levels but thats just my .02. I'm new to reefing have had FW for 8+ YRS, I agree with @Jay Hemdal it does not look like Ich.

What have you been feeding it? I'd at this stage right now be focused on getting it to eat, to help fight off what it has to give you some more time to see how things develop. Mysis Shrimp mixed with some Selcon might get it to eat or mix with some garlic, its perfectly normal for it not to eat its first several days while adjusting.

Edit: Seeing now you've had it since Saturday.

Last edited:

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st thing I would do is find something to get it eating. Some live brine, black worms or pods should do the trick then slowly mix in some frozen once its eating the live stuff. As far as the spots are concerned I wouldnt worry about that yet, most important thing right now is getting it to eat. Is there any chemical/medicine in the tank water that could be suppressing its diet, if so I would get all the meds out for now and get the guy to eat.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back